Same genes?

rem270

The top pic is a buck I killed in 2020. Bottom pic is a buck I got on cam yesterday. He was at the salt lick for over an hour with 3 different bucks. Can't get over how much they favor, especially the main beams have the curl up they both have. Only difference is the bottom buck probably has 20" less of bone then the one I killed in 2020. He looks like a real good buck with head down but finally got him to stick his head up and he's just ok, for this year.
Collage_2022-08-13_10_28_47.jpg

rem270

Could be, looks similar to the buck on left of the first picture so they may have the same genes
Funny thing about that buck. I had 3 years of history with that deer. It got killed by my dad last year. 144" 8 pt. Since we're in 1 of the 5 counties of cwd risk zone (bunch of bs) all deer have to be looked at by a state official. Some chick aged that deer at 2.5 🤣. Took what very little confidence I had in them and threw it right out the window.

Hduke86

Funny thing about that buck. I had 3 years of history with that deer. It got killed by my dad last year. 144" 8 pt. Since we're in 1 of the 5 counties of cwd risk zone (bunch of bs) all deer have to be looked at by a state official. Some chick aged that deer at 2.5 🤣. Took what very little confidence I had in them and threw it right out the window.
You give me 144" 8 pointers that are 2.5yr old for the rest of my hunting days and I'll be the happiest hunter in the woods lol