Sales tax?

FLTENNHUNTER1

The break in isn't near as bad as I expected.
10 hours and for the first 2 don't get over 4,500 rpm then after that for the next 8 you can use full throttle but not for more than 1 minute out of every 10 and don't hold a steady rpm for over 15 min.
I might be off on my minutes but basically vary your speed alot and don't hold it at one speed for very long.

I got it wrote down at home exactly what he told me.
Sounds about right and similar to my Yamaha SHO breakin. I'm sure Merc is the same as Yamaha in being able to connect to your motor and are able to upload the information from your motor regarding engine RPM and other information. They will be able to tell if you didn't break it in correctly and I'm sure use it against you if anything happens to the motor during the warranty period. Just an FYI if you didn't already know.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Sounds about right and similar to my Yamaha SHO breakin. I'm sure Merc is the same as Yamaha in being able to connect to your motor and are able to upload the information from your motor regarding engine RPM and other information. They will be able to tell if you didn't break it in correctly and I'm sure use it against you if anything happens to the motor during the warranty period. Just an FYI if you didn't already know.
OH yeah for sure.
Trust me I'm gonna do EXACTLY what they say. :D

Big Pop

Something to consider if private sale....

You register the boat, not the outboard and therefore pay sales tax on the boat when you register it. If I was buying a boat tomorrow, I'd buy it in 3 separate transactions and get a bill of sale for each:

1. Hull
2. Outboard
3. Trailer(do you have to register the trailer in TN? I'm not sure)

When I registered it, I would only give the bill of sale for the hull(boat) unless I needed to register the trailer as well.

This is common practice in FL for private sales. Doesn't work at a dealership as they collect sales tax at time of purchase on the whole package.
I don't think you have to register a trailer in Tennessee unless taking it out of state.

Latest posts