Saddle Hunting

ImThere

I have a bunch of heliums and lone wolf sticks
I have a aero hunter kestrel if you'd like I can stop by or we can meet up sometime in the near future and you can sit in it. All we need is a tree lol.
Do you hunt mobile much? Or mostly pre sets?

Ladys man

Been doing a lot of research on them, wasn't planning on getting a set up since next few yrs I'll be back in college so not knowing how much I could get to hunt but, I think ima pull the trigger on cruzr xc and upgrade the bridge. Haven't figured a climbing method or platform yet tho. Getting tired of watching YouTube but have a lot more research to do lol

LiamW

It really depends.
Most saddles are in the $175-$250 range. After that it gets very subjective...

What kind of climbing method are you going to use? Multiple sticks? One-Stick? SRT? DRT? Then with each comes individual costs within? Do you want a platform? Use the top of a stick? Use a Ring of Steps? Or some kind of DIY?

I would say most spend $400-$500 on average. Some higher and some lower. It really depends on how much DIY you want and exactly what you want to do.

I am one-sticking so I have my saddle (250 for the Tethrd Phantom), my platform (170 Tethrd Predator), Hawk Helium 20" modded one-stick (100), 35ft of 9mm Oplux (70), repelling device (70), lineman belt (25), several carabiners (35), pack (40), miscellaneous things such as straps, recliner band, foam cushions (50)

Now that me....someone else may be more DIY and cheaper, and the next person will have every gadget you could think of and sail past me.
I bet you can make a great setup with $175-$200 saddles and pay a little more for the platform, imho

TNDeerGuy

I've watched this saddle hunting and its getting popular but me trying that I envision me and saddle laying on the ground moaning .By the way where is Catman hadn't seen him post in a while, hoping everything is ok ?
The beauty about saddle hunting is most methods of climbing involve being tied in already, or using a linemans belt. I use the one-stick method, because honestly.....ladders and sticks terrify me. There is no way you can end up on the ground, unless you can't do simple things like use and tie a proper knot.

He's around....just growing chickens and shooting grackles. LOL

Tethrd is finishing their Teach-N-Train schedule and I know we have at least one in Tennessee. That is a good opportunity to come do a "test drive" and get hooked like I did last year.

Last edited:

bigasports

The beauty about saddle hunting is most methods of climbing involve being tied in already, or using a linemans belt. I use the one-stick method, because honestly.....ladders and sticks terrify me. There is no way you can end up on the ground, unless you can't do simple things like use and tie a proper knot.

He's around....just growing chickens and shooting grackles. LOL

Tethrd is finishing their Teach-N-Train schedule and I know we have at least one in Tennessee. That is a good opportunity to come do a "test drive" and get hooked like I did last year.

I will be hosting the Tethrd TnT "Teach N Train" April 24th at the Hermitage Bowmans Club just like last year. Start time will be either 12 or 1 to give all a chance to shoot a gobbler in the face that morning before coming. Nashville was the biggest of all the large cities we held the event in last year. For those who are not aware. This is a free event to show the in's and out's of saddle hunting and the different styles/methods that are out there. All are welcome to attend. I will post a link soon for sign up so we can get an idea on a head count. Food will be provided. This event had TNDeerGuy foaming at the mouth for a saddle at the end of the day ;)

JeepKuntry

BigA you know if anything is planned for the Knoxville area. I struggle whether it's for me or not as I have mainly hunted from a climber.

bigasports

BigA you know if anything is planned for the Knoxville area. I struggle whether it's for me or not as I have mainly hunted from a climber.
As of now I don't have that info but I come through there and would be happy to meet up and demo the saddle and let you try. Also I have buddies in the general area that I'm sure would meet up with you.

Big Gun

I will be hosting the Tethrd TnT "Teach N Train" April 24th at the Hermitage Bowmans Club just like last year. Start time will be either 12 or 1 to give all a chance to shoot a gobbler in the face that morning before coming. Nashville was the biggest of all the large cities we held the event in last year. For those who are not aware. This is a free event to show the in's and out's of saddle hunting and the different styles/methods that are out there. All are welcome to attend. I will post a link soon for sign up so we can get an idea on a head count. Food will be provided. This event had TNDeerGuy foaming at the mouth for a saddle at the end of the day ;)
I would really like to come to this but it's on my daughters birthday and I just don't see me coming from Memphis on her day. :rolleyes:

Big Gun

I saw something on facebook about a teach and train in Memphis in August. If that happens I want to be there.

eightpointoutdoors

You are going to love it! I would recommend attending the Teach - N - Train event. I went last year for the first time after purchasing my first Saddle...their team was helpful in giving instructions and tips and tricks.

Latest posts