Rut report

Wiley

My son is in Hardin County this weekend and is a half mile away from the plots and hunting the mature pines and hardwood edges across the road. He's seen multiple good bucks and smaller ones just milling around and easing along. Nothing he wants to shoot though. I guess they're in recovery mode from chasing.

philsanchez76

Got to hunt some private in Davidson county this morning that has been untouched all season. Despite warm temps, saw 6 does feeding around red oaks from 6 am to 8:30. 1 decent looking buck came through and chased one of the does for a few minutes and then kinda gave up. He was limping pretty good. Saw another smaller buck that was just passing through and didn't care about the does. I let my neighbor take a few shots since he hasn't gotten a deer yet this year. We would later find out his scope was off.

DC219

Yesterday evening I saw a 2.5 year old 8pt bust up a group of does in a field and chase one of them off. He came back and pestered them a little while later. This morning, an unidentifiable buck was chasing a doe all over the place in thick cover. My son saw a buck at least 3.5 years old chase a doe across an open field into a wooded creek this morning. Wilson Co.

It's hot and slow, but the possibility of a moment of sudden rut excitement still exists.

ETN Deer

Hunted this morning in Knox. Seen two small bucks trolling. Went to run a couple errands between 1030 and 1300 and seen to very large bucks trolling also. Both were 4.5-5.5 year olds. Not a doe in sight

ZachMarkus

Can anyone tell me what phase the rut In Southern Giles or Lawrence county is in? I don't hunt there but I'm about 4 miles south of there in Lauderdale, AL
Southern Lawrence County- Lots of younger bucks pestering does, I have passed two really nice 3 year old bucks this week following does but still getting pics and videos of older bucks at night hitting scrapes. Next two weeks is the time to be in the woods.

BSK

Picked up fairly strong chasing until Nov. 28th, then it just shut down completely. Older bucks cruising until Dec. 1, then nothing on camera.

(Humphreys County)

UTGrad

It's slow here in Marshall but the rut is a marathon and we often see sporadic chasing right up until the end of season. We get pics of spotted fawns into late summer so we know there is some late breeding at our place.

tellico4x4

It's on in Wayne Co! We've killed two 5 yr old bucks the past two days. Both were up cruising, one around 8:00 & other at 2:00. Younger bucks chasing, just had 2 running a doe come by & she is "blowing" while being chased. Vast majority of does the past 4 days are by themselves. Strange though that we are not seeing many fawns wandering around with that lost look. My 7 hour set after storms yesterday yielded 5 bucks & 9 does seen.

philsanchez76

Hunting some local public tonight and watching 2 fawns feed in front of me from 3-4:45 and then right before shooting light was up, a buck ran out and mounted one of the fawns. He was a young buck (1.5) but now I am wondering if any big boys might still be out there and interested in this doe. Probably gonna have to go back to this little spot for the next few days just in case. Anyone else seeing this last trickle of the rut?

Latest posts