Rut report

Bullet40

Bullet40, all my reports are from Humphreys County (west-central). Tons of scrapes, which bucks are visiting regularly, but few rubs. Lots of yearling and 2 1/2 year-old bucks pester-chasing does (does are running scared). A few mature bucks cruising food plots at night.
Thank you sir for the feedback and report much appreciated

SteveJ

This past Saturday, October 30 had a spike chasing 2 does around 8:20 am. Maybe an hour later had a buck with 4 on one side come through with nose to the ground. His other side was broke off.

Monday, Nov. 2nd saw 2 small bucks fighting around sunset

Bradley County near White Oak Mtn

Andy S.

Cold weather is having an impact, to some degree, just as we would expect. Few friends have mature bucks moving around and showing up on camera at/near dusk/dawn, and I just had a seriously mature buck walk by my cellular camera at 4:45 CDT, a full 1.5 hours before dark. He looked to be 5.5+. Had a 2.5/3.5 toady buck following him, few minutes later. SW TN. You have to love cold weather for daylight movement. High temp around 45 today.

BSK

This past Saturday, October 30 had a spike chasing 2 does around 8:20 am. Maybe an hour later had a buck with 4 on one side come through with nose to the ground. His other side was broke off.
I'm surprised how many bucks I'm seeing already with broken off beams.

philsanchez76

Cold weather is having an impact, to some degree, just as we would expect. Few friends have mature bucks moving around and showing up on camera at/near dusk/dawn, and I just had a seriously mature buck walk by my cellular camera at 4:45 CDT, a full 1.5 hours before dark. He looked to be 5.5+. Had a 2.5/3.5 toady buck following him, few minutes later. SW TN. You have to love cold weather for daylight movement. High temp around 45 today.
Any predictions on how the slight warm up for muzzleloader opener will effect movement?

Andy S.

Any predictions on how the slight warm up for muzzleloader opener will effect movement?
I'd much rather hunted Wed - Sat, but SW TN will still be below "average" temps this weekend. I suspect most hunters will have a better chance than normal based on temperature alone. With that said, A LOT of deer will be bumped/spooked/educated this weekend and will instantly be more alert, nervous and wary going forward, so take advantage of the "surprise element" if you can. Temps will be a lot better than years past on this weekend.

Winchester

Agree MZ opener weather is supposed be very good comparatively. I hunted yesterday morn and young bucks up on their feet walking, does still with fawns and just feeding normally. My mature bucks still mainly getting pics at night. I think things are about to change drastically however! I may actually hunt first 3 days in Middle TN before I start here.

whwood21

Wilson County, seeing a lot of deer move at dusk and early dawn. Not much happening during shooting light just yet. As mentioned by others, I am seeing a lot of young deer movement, no mature bucks sighted during shooting hours by myself just yet. I imagine the cold weather and and timeline for a rut to occur will force activity shortly. Good luck to all!

rem270

I love this time of year. With the exception of last year I hardly ever get any big or mature bucks on cam early season but usually mid to end of October I start having some show up. It was no different this year as I had this big 8 show up last week. This is the 3rd year I've had pics of him and he's gotten better each year. I believe him to be 4.5 this year.

Have another 8 that showed up last week as well that I'm pretty sure I had pics of last year and then seen him during season and he had broke both sides off just above the brows. I think he's at least 4.5 but more than likely 5.5. Not quite as big as the first 8 but I will shoot him given the chance.

This morning I had this 2.5 chasing does on cam for about 30 mins.

I am in SW Ky about 3 miles from the Weakley Co TN line.

Attachments

• 26f875d7-eaab-4885-a1b1-26be7e21d46b.jpg
    26f875d7-eaab-4885-a1b1-26be7e21d46b.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 165912.jpeg
    165912.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 122
  • ca5e555e-ccb7-45fa-8e9e-4b05d602e8de.jpg
    ca5e555e-ccb7-45fa-8e9e-4b05d602e8de.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 111

Hduke86

I love this time of year. With the exception of last year I hardly ever get any big or mature bucks on cam early season but usually mid to end of October I start having some show up. It was no different this year as I had this big 8 show up last week. This is the 3rd year I've had pics of him and he's gotten better each year. I believe him to be 4.5 this year.

Have another 8 that showed up last week as well that I'm pretty sure I had pics of last year and then seen him during season and he had broke both sides off just above the brows. I think he's at least 4.5 but more than likely 5.5. Not quite as big as the first 8 but I will shoot him given the chance.

This morning I had this 2.5 chasing does on cam for about 30 mins.

I am in SW Ky about 3 miles from the Weakley Co TN line.
Those can't be mature deer cause they're on camera

Latest posts