RUT REPORT

conwaylale

Seen a lot of rubs all the way around a thicket on top of a ridge last weekend. No sign of scrapes. I made 1 myself. Knox county. I'll be hunting all next week starting Sunday so hope to see who is making the rubs.

in the dog house

This coming week is the week here is Lauderdale, Tipton Co. I think. One spot Im in that is about 40 acres of 6 or 7 year old clear cut, with big timber on one side and cut bean fields on the other, has over 100 rubs with about half of the trees big as my arm and 20 or so bigger. Hunted this deer hard last year and never caught up with him. Stayed out of there this year till day before yesterday and hes hitting the same trees. Found 4 fresh scrapes and really didn't look that hard ( didn't want to mess it up ) He is at least 5.5. Hope to have pics by end of the week!!!

Lost Lake

Williamson county.....chased my wife around the house and down the driveway. She threatened to cross highway as last resort to get rid of me....fighting strong urge to pee on my ankles and wrestle with saplings. Currently standing on side of highway with glazed look in my eyes.

in the dog house

Lost Lake said:
Williamson county.....chased my wife around the house and down the driveway. She threatened to cross highway as last resort to get rid of me....fighting strong urge to pee on my ankles and wrestle with saplings. Currently standing on side of highway with glazed look in my eyes.

LMAO!!!

knightrider

in the dog house! said:
Lost Lake said:

LMAO!!!
:D you might as well let her go you wouldn't know what to do if you caught her :D

Pic IN the Casa

Lost Lake said:

I think the lady in the 3D tiger shirt over on the Gen Forum is cycling. Give her a shot.

knightrider

Pic IN the Casa said:
Lost Lake said:

I think the lady in the 3D tiger shirt over on the Gen Forum is cycling. Give her a shot.
O MY :D

Bone Collector

Rutherford:

Saw small bucks chasing opening week of ML, then when we had the cold snap that week all the small bucks were just walking around alone.

Now nothing.... It almost seems as if it is peak breeding, but if that is the case it is early. I hope that is not the case.

Lost Lake

Update....out of breath as I crossed Williamson / Maury line. Briefly considered tiger striped shirt in general forum as suggested...Holy Moly, after seeing that and suffering from intermittent blindness I almost ran over a hunter pooping next to tree.

LayingTheSmackDown

Bedford this past Tuesday 2 8's got killed one chasing does other coming to doe bleat.Saw a 7 and 10point also the 7 came closer to doe bleat and grunt call. since then have seen a lot of smaller bucks out with nose down...this morning had a spike come in 30mins behind a doe running in circles looking for the doe lol

jlmustain

Lost Lake said:
Update....out of breath as I crossed Williamson / Maury line. Briefly considered tiger striped shirt in general forum as suggested...Holy Moly, after seeing that and suffering from intermittent blindness I almost ran over a hunter pooping next to tree.

I'm losing some macho points because I'm sitting here cracking up at a computer screen.

Jonboy

Its definitely on in Williamson. Yesterday morning I saw an 8 point hanging with a doe and actually mounted her 40 yards from me and was chasing all other bucks and does away. Lots of deer moving.

Lost Lake

Fellas its on in Henry county. I've had three of the nicest bucks I've seen on our farm in ten years chasing does full tilt. Its crazy and I can't get shots at any of them. I need that German fella that shoots running hogs to help out I guess. Good luck guys!!

creativomjh

Shelby County:

Even with 15 mph winds, does were moving this morning. The past 3 days I've hunted afternoons. I've seen a lot of bucks following does and some chasing in fields... young and older bucks both.

Rubs are poppin up and bucks are responding to estrous bleats and grunting.

Latest posts