rut or not roane county

bamarp

I have been hunting hard sense the rut "started" I know there are deer and a few big deer on the property I hunt. I saw them in archery but not close enough for a shot. I have seen a few rubs but no scrapes. It seams like the rubs are starting to pick up. I went in Friday and there are 3 new rubs within 20 yards of where my climber is hanging. My question is has the rut started in Roane county and I just missed it or all the deer left for it or is it possible its just starting to pick up? I hunt private land and I know I am the only one hunting this area. Any ideas. Thanks

lwk88

bamarp":3e8aw6j0 said:
I have been hunting hard sense the rut "started" I know there are deer and a few big deer on the property I hunt. I saw them in archery but not close enough for a shot. I have seen a few rubs but no scrapes. It seams like the rubs are starting to pick up. I went in Friday and there are 3 new rubs within 20 yards of where my climber is hanging. My question is has the rut started in Roane county and I just missed it or all the deer left for it or is it possible its just starting to pick up? I hunt private land and I know I am the only one hunting this area. Any ideas. Thanks

THEdonkey0515

bamarp":oyk4mh4b said:
We have right on the Cumberland/Roane co line

Hunt private & public

Mid muzzy we seen some rutting actively from younger bucks On are private land. I seen a spike check a fresh scrap, dad seen a 3pt chasing & I set up in a stand with some fresh scraps hit the "can bleat call" a few times right after day light & had a little 2pt that had been broke off on one side run off the ridge & B-line at me. Kept thinking the older bucks would start up shortly after, But seen absolutely nothing from some of the nicer bucks we had on cam this year like we usually do.

lwk88

THEdonkey0515":mwkc8v6n said:
bamarp":mwkc8v6n said:
We have right on the Cumberland/Roane co line

Hunt private & public

Mid muzzy we seen some rutting actively from younger bucks On are private land. I seen a spike check a fresh scrap, dad seen a 3pt chasing & I set up in a stand with some fresh scraps hit the "can bleat call" a few times right after day light & had a little 2pt that had been broke off on one side run off the ridge & B-line at me. Kept thinking the older bucks would start up shortly after, But seen absolutely nothing from some of the nicer bucks we had on cam this year like we usually do.
not sure why my post didnt postbut this is the same for me no big deer cruising trailing or chasing only small bucks trailing no chasing

Latest posts