Rust Question

starktank

I will be traveling to alaska in the next few weeks, Plan on making the trip last about 10 days. I have several rifles I will be taking with me, all are in pelican rifle cases. Should I be worried about rust when I leave the guns in the truck overnight? being way below freezing temps at night and then normal temps during driving..

DaveB

Forget the rust, are you flying or driving? The paperwork to carry firearms through Canada is unreal. Be extremely careful or you will end up 1, in jail 2, no firearms, 3, turned around, 4, any combination of the above. Google it up and get prepared.

I can point you to a thread on a different site, but you just will not believe what you have to do

starktank

Yeah I am tracking on what I have to do, Im not taking any handguns or assault rifles, so im good there. Yeah I know canada is a pain but I have done my homework.. Thanks for the heads up though!!

mike243

you will need a great lube/oil for the low temps,a lot of oils that work great here turn to concrete in sub zero conditions,hope you have a great hunt

starktank

Im actually in the military and moving up there, Im hoping to do some hunting when I get up there, but probably will deploy shortly after I get there, so maybe next season!

Latest posts