Ruger/Marlin 336

Remington700

I am interested in these new 336's and can't wait to get my hands on one. I'm curious if Ruger can bring Marlin back. I also am curious what they will cost? Considering the JM ones are $1200 and up on GB. 😳

Here is some reading if you haven't read up on them yet.

batten_down

I am interested in these new 336's and can't wait to get my hands on one. I'm curious if Ruger can bring Marlin back. I also am curious what they will cost? Considering the JM ones are $1200 and up on GB. 😳

Here is some reading if you haven't read up on them yet.
The 1895 ruger/marlins have been on the market for a while now. And have garnered mostly favorable reviews. Prices aren't bad either if you can catch one before it hits the secondary market. I want one. Or two...

FTG-05

Real lever actions have straight stocks.

w45QYmv.jpg

Having said that: If anyone can bring Marlin back - it's Ruger!

Hduke86

I sure hope they can make a solid one in 35 rem. I love hunting with my jm stamp one but cringe everytime I ding it but then again one my youngest is letting his child shoot a deer with it 30-40 years from now I hope they see the dings, and scuff marks and remember the time spent out in the woods.

Lost Lake

I sure hope they can make a solid one in 35 rem. I love hunting with my jm stamp one but cringe everytime I ding it but then again one my youngest is letting his child shoot a deer with it 30-40 years from now I hope they see the dings, and scuff marks and remember the time spent out in the woods.
Honest use-wear and marks tell good stories. The older I get, the less I care about pristine rifles, and I used to obsess over dings.

Hduke86

Honest use-wear and marks tell good stories. The older I get, the less I care about pristine rifles, and I used to obsess over dings.
I have a few rifles that are gorgeous and just had this discussion the other day about not taking them to the woods cause of dings. I said I either need to get over the dings or sell them cause they do no good sitting in a safe.

rickyk280

I have a few rifles that are gorgeous and just had this discussion the other day about not taking them to the woods cause of dings. I said I either need to get over the dings or sell them cause they do no good sitting in a safe.
Your 100% correct, I own some nice rifles and shotguns and everyone one of them has some dings and a scratch and that's fine. I am a hunter not a collector!! And I love beautiful rifles and shotguns but not to look at. My dad told me they was a tool, made to use but to be taken care of.

Latest posts