Rubs and Scrape's

TNGRIZZLY_

2-Step Enabled
I am not finding much. I checked in and around thickets, in oak patches, around Fields and on several old logging roads. I have found 3 Scrape's on an old logging road and that is about it.

What are you finding?

JCDEERMAN

Not finding much in my area, as of last weekend. 2 scrapes and 0 rubs to be exact. Haven't seen that in the 21 years we've had the place. However, our estimate is that EHD killed 80% of our bucks last summer. I'm sure there will be more sign seen opening of muzzleloader.

TNGRIZZLY_

2-Step Enabled
This was on private land and public.. just across the boarder in KY, those guys are seeing some but not a lot.. Okay we will see this weekend, thanks guys

tree_ghost

I'm seeing tons of sign opening up.
Older bucks have started working scrapes in the last week.

Attachments

• 40593E63-4319-4BBD-BA13-F3793896278E.jpeg
    40593E63-4319-4BBD-BA13-F3793896278E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 137

Andy S.

SW TN - scrapes have popped up everywhere in last 5-7 days. Of course, it is the beginning of November and it was cool/cold/rainy/dreary for several of those days, so I suspected they would appear any day now.

GnashviLLe

4BB22A79-1848-470D-901E-91C545564589.jpeg

I am finding just little trees rubbed up. Big scrape at the bottom of this one too. I'm afraid I only have yearlings around here. Haven't seen any big buck sign or caught any on camera. I have only seen 4-6 pts 1-1.5 years of age

timberghost35

My place has been torn to shreds with rubs so far. Scrapes are becoming more and more everyday.
I quit counting rubs in one stretch of overgrown pasture/tree line at 27. I'm talking trees from twig size to trees the size of my thigh.
Some were even rubbed then pushed over. Found a major scrape a few days ago and set up a camera. Have had atleast 6 different bucks visit it since Friday. Two shooters and the rest are 1.5-2.5.

Bagg-it Tag-it

This was on a rub line. I could see the ones further up near the bedding areas and didn't want to spread my scent up there....but one of the trees was even bigger than this one.

Attachments

• IMG_8233.jpeg
    IMG_8233.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 121

backyardtndeer

Scrapes popping up here. We watched a doe fawn chew a licking branch and work a scrape Sunday morning while momma was eating beans. Scrapeline activity where I run a camera every year shows a dramatic increase in buck activity last week. Also seeing bucks tracking does some in that line.

Did not do much walking over the weekend, but did see one fresh rub at field edge along a heavy trail Sunday.

Realtree56

Found 8-10 scrapes and one good rub within a 200 yard stretch on a logging road in East Tn the other day, really looking forward to this weekend hope the temps don't booger em up too much

Ski

I found probably a dozen satellite scrapes and one huge community scrape. The community scrape was under a big beech & had several does all hanging around it. I spooked them away and expected to see a pile of persimmons or something, but it was a scrape. All the satellite scrapes almost looked like turkey scratch except bigger and it was buck hooves, not turkey claws. Strongest sign I've seen in TN so far since moving to here 6yrs ago.

rmmonty32

No scrapes but lots of rubs. I found a spot between to ridge lines where it looks like a battle took place lol. Bushes broken over and ground is all pawed up and rubs leading up to the area.

Latest posts