Rubber boots

REN

encase anyone is curious down the road. I have run Merrell Moab2 Goretex, Hoka Goretex hikers, Merrell Winter boots as a few with First Lite Gaiters and have mostly pros on all 3 of them. The merrell moab goretex are super comfy and have been waterproof for the 3 seasons I used them for. only con for me was they were a tad warm in the heat of spring. The hoka were one of the better from a comfort standpoint but take getting use to with the wide footprint. The merrell winter boots I have (forget the name) work pretty good but are a tad stiffer then I was looking for.

Currently using La Sportiva GTX hikers and North Face Winter insulated ones and have been very pleased. I tried a couple different sets of gaiters and for my own taste and durability/fit I liked the first lite ones the best.

The La Sportiva hikers so far are my favorite, goretex and fit like tennis shoes. Super light and super comfy but only used for 1 full turkey and deer season so far so cant speak to the durability.

I will eventually get a pair of Crispi Colorado to use but just didnt want to spend that much yet (although they are worth every penny). All the above I got on a pretty big discount through my work so just waiting for Crispi to be added to that list lol

Kevin

Are they proven? Miles of service/longevity/durability? I ask because I do not know. I realize they are lightweight, but anything beyond that is all I guess for me.
I guess for as inexpensive as they cost, and knowing they are from real life localish dudes, I have been willing to test them out. I have had 0 issues out of them.

Kevin

I got them for Christmas, but put them through the ringer through January ending duck season.

I would not have thought they are aas warm as they are. I wore them during the freeze up around christmas outisde for a couple hours, and my feet never got cold at all.

Bgoodman30

Gotcha. How long have you owned/used them?

No not really proven yet. I love mine were great during deer season and very warm and also very quiet against stand and blind floor.

The one downside to them I have found is climbing. I did some light climbing up a ridge and they are so soft they don't over much support or rigidity to transcend steeper inclines.

They also squeak sometimes. Other than that love em haven't even touched my other rubbers since I got Lite boots.

Latest posts