Rub line slime the field test

timberjack86

I purchased a bottle of rubline slime despite what the skeptics told me and heres what I got! 80+ pictures in 5 days.The only thing I put out was rubline slime.There wasnt much deer sign in the area Tuesday but today it is litterd with tracks and beds.I havent got any big boys yet but I am still trying. This stuff works!
rublineslime008.jpg
rublineslime037.jpg
rublineslime048.jpg
rublineslime042.jpg

Diehard Hunter

It would be interesting to see a control. Say for example get some Anise oil or vanilla extract and do the same thing with them. Deer are very curious and I bet you could get similar results.

timberjack86

Diehard Hunter said:
It would be interesting to see a control. Say for example get some Anise oil or vanilla extract and do the same thing with them. Deer are very curious and I bet you could get similar results.
I tried vanilla before and did not get the impressive results as did with the slime. I could try the anise oil. Its pretty exciteing to see a product that actually preforms as advertised!

Mike Belt

20+ years ago I tried vanilla and anise oil and everything else. I had a few hits on some of it but not dramatic enough to continue. Years later my hunting style has changed and I no longer shoot what I would have back then. Shooting does for meat for me is almost no contest except maybe at the tail end of the season but shooting mature bucks (especially those with impressive headgear) is another story. They don't come easy and they aren't easily duped. Don't get me wrong because I love playing with scents and regularly fool young bucks but to consistantly see and have the opportunity at the older guys sound, CLEAN hunting tactics will pay more dividends.

BSK

timberjack86 said:
BSK said:
Just remember that that stuff is a food-based attractant, hence will be considered "bait."
Why would it be considerd bait? It contains preorbital scent and salt. Just wondering because I wouldnt want to hunt over it if its bait!

The real "attractants" in the product are all food-based. This product is no different than just pouring molasses on a tree. Sure, deer will come and lick it. A huge thread/argument has already raged about this product, and SCN has stated it appears NOT to be a legal product in TN:

http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthr ... =1&fpart=1

timberjack86

BSK said:
timberjack86 said:
BSK said:
Just remember that that stuff is a food-based attractant, hence will be considered "bait."
Why would it be considerd bait? It contains preorbital scent and salt. Just wondering because I wouldnt want to hunt over it if its bait!

The real "attractants" in the product are all food-based. This product is no different than just pouring molasses on a tree. Sure, deer will come and lick it. A huge thread/argument has already raged about this product, and SCN has stated it appears NOT to be a legal product in TN:

http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthr ... =1&fpart=1
I talked with scn and he also confrimed this. He told me to check with my local officer because if its not 51% salt they can write a citation for it. Thanks everyone I definatley dont want to hunt over bait. But this is something fun to use for trail cameras!

Latest posts