Food Plots Roundup ready alternative

backyardtndeer

Considering picking up a jug of foma88 (Fomesafen) from rural king to use on my eagle beans. From everything I have read, it works well, and will control pigweed where gly won't. It is supposed to be able to be used on roundup ready crops as a replacement for glyphosate. Anyone here have experience with foma, good or bad?

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
No experience with it but just read the label. Suggest you do the same. I may do some tests with it but

Intended for use in first 8 weeks after planting
will damage beans but they grow out of it
Suggests only 1 use in two years (presumably to prevent contamination of groundwater)
States only limited success on pigweed, amaranth, palmer.

If you use it let us know the results and effects

backyardtndeer

No experience with it but just read the label. Suggest you do the same. I may do some tests with it but

Intended for use in first 8 weeks after planting
will damage beans but they grow out of it
Suggests only 1 use in two years (presumably to prevent contamination of groundwater)
States only limited success on pigweed, amaranth, palmer.

If you use it let us know the results and effects
Thanks for the reply. I did read the label, one application per year for region one(southeast), and alternating years for regions 2-5. All the reviews I read said that it worked well for pigweed, but we will see, and i will post results. I can still come back with a later gly application.
20220807_091045.jpg

megalomaniac

Thanks for the reply. I did read the label, one application per year for region one(southeast), and alternating years for regions 2-5. All the reviews I read said that it worked well for pigweed, but we will see, and i will post results. I can still come back with a later gly application.
View attachment 144987
On the label, 'do not graze or hay' treated areas and 'do not appley within 45 days of Soybean harvest' would give me great pause to use the stuff. Be sure to wear a respirator and full coverage clothing and gloves.

backyardtndeer

For my eagle bean plot in the bottom, the foma hardly discolored them at all. The foma was effective at killing the pigweed, sprayed what grass that was left a week later with glyphosate.

Next year will use the foma as a pre emergent before planting beans.

JCDEERMAN

For my eagle bean plot in the bottom, the foma hardly discolored them at all. The foma was effective at killing the pigweed, sprayed what grass that was left a week later with glyphosate.

Next year will use the foma as a pre emergent before planting beans.
Thanks for the update. How much did it cost for a 2.5 gallon jug?

Latest posts