Food Plots Round up ready Corn?

WilcoKen

Good luck. Im probably going to go old school and do non GMO corn this year. Getting the cultivator ready. Seed is way cheaper and heck you can about buy a used 1-2 row cultivator for what a gallon of Roundup cost these days.

Last edited:

JCDEERMAN

If you're a member of NWTF or Quail Forever, you can get RR seed for really cheap, but like with QF, you have to order in the fall. RR corn, RR soybeans and sorghum are $15 / bag. Soybeans didn't come in last year and I got refunded my money, but that's an option for the future. The soybeans did great I planted

DoubleRidge

I was told recently that the majority of feed corn is now RR because most large producer's only plant RR....actually have a buddy that is going to plant a plot of it to see how it does....I'm guessing the germination rate might be unacceptable....but I never considered feed corn being RR? Anyone else ever heard this?.... curious to see how it does.

rukiddin

I was told recently that the majority of feed corn is now RR because most large producer's only plant RR....actually have a buddy that is going to plant a plot of it to see how it does....I'm guessing the germination rate might be unacceptable....but I never considered feed corn being RR? Anyone else ever heard this?.... curious to see how it does.
I saw a duck impoundment planted with leftover corn out a bin and germination was not a problem. Ears were small to non existent on what I saw. It might have made 50 bushel/acre and that's a big "might"…
There's also a issue of being caught doing it by seed company. They take that s$!t pretty serious and will sue.
Most all farmers use RR when given the choice. Unless specifically planted as non gmo/organic, if you see corn in a field, it's RR.

Latest posts