Rough trip

eddie c

Headed to the Classic Saturday, set up, things were going fine. Started on my selfbow, slow going but fine. Wednesday had to run back home to take care of some stuff and in the way back my transmission crapped out. Right at 5pm traffic. Couldn't get ahold of the insurance company to use my tow option. Left a call back number. Got a tow through the extended warranty I bought when I bought the truck. With me knowing it's transmission problem, the guy on the phone wanted to have it towed to Firestone Auto Service center. I wanted a transmission shop. Found a shop that "works" on transmission, had it towed there. Once got there " No, sir. We don't repair transmission, we replace them"😣
They were kind enough to let me leave the truck on their lot until Thursday morning for me to make other arrangements. Got ahold of the dealership I bought the truck from and they sent a truck after it. Meanwhile, I had to rent a u-haul cargo van to empty the truck in the rain, which was loaded with stuff that didn't need to get wet, that the stuff to the camper, unload, find a rental car for the weekend.
Ain't life grand?

Latest posts