Rotisserie Chicken help please....

Rob R.

Im going to attempt to do a chicken on the Rotisserie(Gas Grill) this evening. Never done it before and am looking for any advise so that it will be edible when done.

First of all (I know I know gas sucks) but I dont have a choice in that matter, the charcoal grill is at home and Im not. But I dont have a grill rotisserie at home neither. :) I got online and looked around for some recipes but would really like some ideas from my fellow outdoorsmen and women.

I do have the option of putting some hickory or oak in a stainless pot that sits over the flame to add some smoke flavor. What do ya'll think?

Can I use nylon cord to tie the legs and wings to the bird or should I get something different?

As ya'll can see. Im pretty much shooting in the dark on this one and need some help. :eek:

Thanks in advance!

Rob

brmaster

dont use nylon, it will melt,
go and get the same string used for oven roasting
and you can also pick up a smoker box for the gas grill as well
and some smoking chips
Works pretty good, I use the string and the smoker box on my gas grill when I use the rotisserie and use the smoke box when grilling

Rob R.

brmaster said:
dont use nylon, it will melt,
go and get the same string used for oven roasting
and you can also pick up a smoker box for the gas grill as well
and some smoking chips
Works pretty good, I use the string and the smoker box on my gas grill when I use the rotisserie and use the smoke box when grilling

Thanks!!

Diehard Hunter

Sprinkle the outside of that chicken with creole seasoning.

Tie the legs and wings with cooking twine after you season under them. Don't smoke it too much, a little goes a long ways with a chicken.

brmaster

I generaly use some greek seasoning or the creole or some cajun seansoning
I love it and my wife says best chicken she has eatin, very tender and juicy
Doing a ham friday on the roto gas grill
Did one on Christmas morning and there wasnt much left but didnt add any seasoning to it.

Rob R.

Thank ya'll very much. Im headed to the grocery to find some seasoning and twine. And one more question. Should I baste(sp?) the bird with anything while its cooking?

ferg

Wrap you smoking chips up in foil - poke a couple of holes it and set on the hot side of the grill -

I stuff the inside of by bird with onions and/or peppers depending on what you like - helps keep it moist and adds some flavor inside out -

The key, for me, is 'L & S' - Low and Slow -

ferg....

Rob R.

I never thought of stuffing the bird. I've got a onion, I'll try it. I drove from one side of Oxford MS to the other looking for cooking/baking twine. Finally found it at Kroger. The bird is all cleaned up, tied up and coated with Greek seasoning. It wont be long now. I hope!

Rob R.

brmaster said:
we need to results,,,,pics would be nice too

How did I know you were going to ask for pics!!
We just finished cleaning the dishes. I've got half the bird left if you want to swing by. That had to be some of the best chicken I have ever eaten. I cooked it for 2 hours at around 350. I was able to scoot the bird to one side and used a burner on the opposite side. I didnt fool with any smoke this time. I'm going to have to check into a rotisserie for home. In addition to the bird we did some sliced yellow squash, zucchini and onion in butter and seasoning on the grill. It was a really fine meal. Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Latest posts