roost bump

HDUKE1986

I just bumped some off the roost nd they scattered in all directions do you think if i sit where I bumped them and call softly I might get lucky and some wonder back

woodsman87

The best thing to do if you bump them off the roost is wait right there, unless you hear another gobbler or have another good spot I would move. This is coming from a guy that has never had much land or much good turkey hunting land, I am used to not having other options.
I don't know why, but they seem to come back to their roost once they have calmed down. If it was a gobbler and some hens, he should be gobbling his head off after he settles down.
There is no guaruntees in turkey huntin though!

wwa7

woodsman87 said:
The best thing to do if you bump them off the roost is wait right there, unless you hear another gobbler or have another good spot I would move. This is coming from a guy that has never had much land or much good turkey hunting land, I am used to not having other options.
I don't know why, but they seem to come back to their roost once they have calmed down. If it was a gobbler and some hens, he should be gobbling his head off after he settles down.
There is no guaruntees in turkey huntin though!

HDUKE1986

Well I sat still for about 3 hours and never heard or seen any come back but at least I know what area to avoid in the dark

tickweed

A lot depends on if they realized what the threat was. Ive been caught lots of times, and just flattened out. Then I just slowly start callin, real soft clucks, and it settles em down.

Latest posts