Rolled one!!

bigasports

Took the day off to go on a field trip with my oldest today. We went to Gentry's Farm in Franklin. Was nice to spend a beautiful day with my little girl on a farm with her classmates. Anyway, the field trip was over around 1pm. So I decided to jet to the woods to try my hand at dirty talking some birds.

Got to the wma around 2pm after grabbing a quick lunch. Headed in the woods walking slowly and calling every few hundred yards. This is public land surrounded by private with a creek running down the middle. I decided to walk the creek. That way I could jump from one side to the other if I struck up a bird. 30 min in I struck a bird on the private land. Then while talking to him I get a tom answering on the other side of the creek. I could tell he was closer and def on public land so I moved on him. I crossed the creek and moved as close as I felt comfortable without being seen, as he was up the hill coming through wide open hard woods. I sat 10 yards from the creek bottom in some semi thick undergrowth. I shut up so he'd come find me. And that's just what he did. I saw him creeping to me about 30 yards out. He was going in and out of strut on his way in to my 10 o'clock. Once he cleared a couple small trees I let him have it. He rolled and flopped it out till he died. All in all the hunt lasted about 45 min.

Bird weighed in at 18.5 lbs. Spurs were 1 inch and the other 3quarters. Beard was right at 9 inches.

fe81932224811aa129e8b2ded64b241c.jpg

My daughters field trip.

9a57e5ed58a42ddc8b311fce1b31b80d.jpg

fc36623bf5ad2d29fb491cb6a0ee36db.jpg

catman529

Congrats, I'm glad you got him. Now you and rockhound have killed 2 of the 3 in there, I need to go kill the last one :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockhound

Congrats! That looks like the one that was strutting 10 yards behind me Saturday before I killed his buddy. Dirty mike and the boys are about all gone!

Attachments

• 20170408_102544.jpg
    20170408_102544.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 1,657

bigasports

Rockhound":2yayk3zq said:
Congrats! That looks like the one that was strutting 10 yards behind me Saturday before I killed his buddy. Dirty mike and the boys are about all gone!

Yeah I saw the murder scene you left in the roadway up there. Did your bird have any feathers left when you walked out lol???

ImThere

What did the kids say when you shot that turkey in the fence? Come on man tell the truth!!!! [emoji12][emoji12]

Congrats again bro. I hope to get out this week myself

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

bigasports

ImThere":1tw69xvw said:
What did the kids say when you shot that turkey in the fence? Come on man tell the truth!!!! [emoji12][emoji12]

Congrats again bro. I hope to get out this week myself

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

I told the girls that pet turkeys are good eating too :tu:

Rockhound

bigasports":gub2t0a7 said:
Rockhound":gub2t0a7 said:

Yeah I saw the murder scene you left in the roadway up there. Did your bird have any feathers left when you walked out lol???

A 2 oz load of tss 8.5s will work am over pretty good at 25 yards lol

Latest posts