• Help Support TNDeer:

Roadmaster Active Suspension

gtk

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone here got any first hand knowledge of these things?

I have not read any negative feedback on them. I can get one $120 off regular price right now.

Bucket

Yes, I added a set to my 2004 F-150 a few years ago. We had a 27' camper at the time and after a few trips with the camper my truck started shuttering on takeoff - even without the camper. I initially thought it was transmission related, but after some research determined it was axle wrap caused by fatigue in the rear springs from the heavy camper. An F-150 forum recommended the Roadmaster active suspension, and they fixed my problem. They did raise the height in the rear a bit more than my liking, but otherwise performed great. I later gave the truck to my dad and they're still on and working fine. Very easy to install too.

gtk

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the feedback. Did you notice any "harshness" to the ride when not loaded/pulling?

I have no issue right now, but the wife and i are planning some long trips (2,500 miles) pulling the camper soon. I have the equal-i-zer WD/sway hitch which helped a lot. However my truck has a 2" leveling kit, and when pulling the travel trailer, it squats just a tad in the rear. I figured with the RAS suspension kit it would about level it out again.

Bucket

I did notice a slight difference in the ride at first, but quickly got used to it or stopped noticing. If your truck sags with the camper b/c of the leveling kit I would definitely add it, just because it would bug me.

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Latest posts