Road Kill

mike243

Whats every body seeing?, I have seen 5-7 full grown deer dead and about the same number of healthy looking yotes,I run 200-300 miles per day and most of those were on 4 lane roads,3 turkeys hit also, more coons and possums' than I can count

Atchman2

Time for some roadkill stew! Honestly if I saw one get hit I would pick it up. Otherwise the yotes and road crews can have it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mike Belt

I haven't seen much in the way of road kill this year. I have picked up road kills twice. Once my cousin and I were on the way to the woods before light and the truck in front of us hit 3 deer that crossed in front of him. He kept going so we stopped, picked them up, and took them back to his house and hung them up, and then went hunting. When we came back to skin them we discovered they were so bruised and battered inside that very little was salvageable. Another time I witnessed a car hit a deer, or the deer ran into the side of their car. It broke the deer's neck but had no other injuries. I salvaged all of it.

mike243

I started seeing a bunch about 2 weeks ago and more every day,no fawns yet ,wondering if the yotes are pushing the doe and causing them to get hit

1 good shot

I saw what I thought was a buzzard on a doe the other day so I slowed down because it's right on the edge of the road and when it came up out of the weeds it was a bald eagle

cbhunter

1 good shot":20z34o7m said:
I saw what I thought was a buzzard on a doe the other day so I slowed down because it's right on the edge of the road and when it came up out of the weeds it was a bald eagle
did it look anything like ReRuns eagle?
708a14e47249444793d19f962618ca7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winchester

mike243":8mopkmio said:
I started seeing a bunch about 2 weeks ago and more every day,no fawns yet ,wondering if the yotes are pushing the doe and causing them to get hit

99.9% of fawns have not been born yet, june is peak fawning month for us.

Latest posts