RMEF Music City Chapter Fundraising Banquet August 26

19_A_CPT

Ladies and Gents,
Extending an invitation to attend the inaugural fundraising dinner banquet for the newly formed Music City Chapter of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. It will be held the 26th of August at The Barn at Sycamore Farms venue in Arrington, TN. I am one of 7 committee members striving to make it the biggest in Tennessee and the National Headquarters is really getting behind it to be one of the largest in the country. There will be tons of raffles, prizes, a live and silent auction as well as a top-of-the-line dinner being catered. If there's anybody interested in coming and/or helping out, please reach out. We are also selling many different tier of sponsor deals if you need a night out with the boys and/or need a tax write off that just happens to come with a gun. Who doesn't love guns?

Last edited:

LanceS4803

Absolutely second the request for more info!
I was a member for years when I lived in Utah, but it wasn't until last year that I finally took my first elk.

19_A_CPT

Definitely will pass along information as soon as it comes available.

As of right now, we have had a 3 person Elk hunt in/around Missoula, MT for the early rifle "donated" at the cost of a 2 man hunt ($8800). With that being said, we are tossing around the idea of raffling it with $50 chances and looks like it may be a 1-in-250 chance at $50 per chance... Again all details have not been ironed out and i am sure more good deals will be coming down the pipeline. Attached is our sponsor levels if anyone would want to jump in and buy a sponsorship. Level I gives you a 1-in-5 chance to win a Weatherby Vanguard in .300 Weatherby plus a Yeti Hot Shot Set is automatic.

Attachments

• RMEF Sponsor.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 97

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
I had attended RMEF banquets for years in several states as a LIFE MEMBER of RMEF. Many years ago I attended a banquet in north Georgia. It was new chapter and they were excited to get it going. What happened there prompted me to write and call the national RMEF HQ.

The two guys in question were from TN. The guys who were involved in this saga are probably, possibly, might be still involved and pulling their scam at other RMEF gigs. They may in fact be reading this for all I know. Here is what happened. They had driven down to GA together as they got there early as I did having to drive up from the Atlanta area. I saw them drive in together in the parking lot as I got there early. It was late summer and hot.

So the one guy is in charge of pulling the numbers out of the drawing for rifles. He was the emcee of the drawing The other jackwad is sitting fairly close to me. Now it gets interesting. I had bought a bunch of tickets as had everyone else. The drawing was for a great rifle, I think it was a .270 and the guy starts calling out the numbers. The numbers were almost all read off and they were all numbers on my ticket.......so the guy abruptly stops and says "man, I can't see these numbers very well" and starts reading numbers off that were far different than mine. I knew immediately this was wrong and it was a set-up. Guess who won the rifle? Yup, his buddy that had driven down to the banquet with him.

I called bullshit on it then, called the district RMEF guy on Monday and the national HQ.

Never been to another banquet again.

19_A_CPT

I had attended RMEF banquets for years in several states as a LIFE MEMBER of RMEF. Many years ago I attended a banquet in north Georgia. It was new chapter and they were excited to get it going. What happened there prompted me to write and call the national RMEF HQ.

The two guys in question were from TN. The guys who were involved in this saga are probably, possibly, might be still involved and pulling their scam at other RMEF gigs. They may in fact be reading this for all I know. Here is what happened. They had driven down to GA together as they got there early as I did having to drive up from the Atlanta area. I saw them drive in together in the parking lot as I got there early. It was late summer and hot.

So the one guy is in charge of pulling the numbers out of the drawing for rifles. He was the emcee of the drawing The other jackwad is sitting fairly close to me. Now it gets interesting. I had bought a bunch of tickets as had everyone else. The drawing was for a great rifle, I think it was a .270 and the guy starts calling out the numbers. The numbers were almost all read off and they were all numbers on my ticket.......so the guy abruptly stops and says "man, I can't see these numbers very well" and starts reading numbers off that were far different than mine. I knew immediately this was wrong and it was a set-up. Guess who won the rifle? Yup, his buddy that had driven down to the banquet with him.

I called bullshit on it then, called the district RMEF guy on Monday and the national HQ.

Never been to another banquet again.
I can assure you that will not happen at this banquet. Sorry for your experience. I have been to many banquets over many years, including the largest grossing chapter's in the world (Tucson, AZ) and have never experienced anything close to this. Our committee and EmCee are top notch and will not tolerate cheating or dishonesty at any level. We would, however, love to have you join us at this newly formed chapter banquet. I too am a Life Member since 2009, but first year as an organizer.

Antler Daddy

The last one I attended was in Hazard KY around 2001. The elk were just being reintroduced at that time.

I think I bid like $200 for the opportunity to go in the filed and assist the KY wildlife team with tagging and collaring calves. I think it only sold for $250. I have always regretted not buying that thing.

19_A_CPT

A little update for you guys. Still a little ways off on the date but its closing fast.

We still have the Elk Hunt Donated and looks like we will be selling chances for $50 apiece with a max of 250 tickets. It can be three for the price of 2 or may can convert to 2 for the price of 1 hunter. The guide is fairly flexible.

We also have a East Tennessee (Franklin County I believe) turkey hunt that will be live auctioned. 2 days 2 nights with a 1 bird limit. Will be a good one to be able to take part in and will be guided by our own chapter's chairman.

Prices for tickets are on the RMEF website below and includes Early Bird Special prices on silent auction tickets. We will have some wallhanger pictures, RMEF gear and other random hunting gear in the silent auction. We also have sponsorships and/or sponsor tables (Rag Horn is for 4, Big Bull for 8).

Working towards an assortment of rifles, shotguns, pistols, muzzleloader, and bows to be available.

Please let us know if you are planning to attend either through the online ticket portal, through PM on here, or buy contacting Matt Hagen at
[email protected]
(909) 268-3250

Thank You and God Bless!

Last edited:

19_A_CPT

We are a week and half out from this thing! Looks like a total of 10 guns that are going to be going home with people!

Run down of a few things on the agenda.

Live Auction including Key Items for a chance at the Gun of the Year. Henry Golden Boy RMEF Banquet Edition 30-30, Banquet Belt Buckle by Montana Silversmiths, PBR Finals Trip for 2 in Las Vegas.

Silent Auction items including Elk Camp Hanging Decor, Lighted Signs, and much more decorative and camp items.

Raffle Items

Numerous Games ultimately giving away 9 guns including a Sig 9mm pistol, Sig AR, Kimber Micro 380, 2x Springfield Hellcats, Tactical Shotgun, Stoeger 12 gauge and the gun of the year Henry Golden Boy 30-30. Games include a spin wheel, shotgun shell game, cornhole and cut the deck card games.

Get your tickets early to get half off raffle tickets!

ttf909

We are a week and half out from this thing! Looks like a total of 10 guns that are going to be going home with people!

Run down of a few things on the agenda.

Live Auction including Key Items for a chance at the Gun of the Year. Henry Golden Boy RMEF Banquet Edition 30-30, Banquet Belt Buckle by Montana Silversmiths, PBR Finals Trip for 2 in Las Vegas.

Silent Auction items including Elk Camp Hanging Decor, Lighted Signs, and much more decorative and camp items.

Raffle Items

Numerous Games ultimately giving away 9 guns including a Sig 9mm pistol, Sig AR, Kimber Micro 380, 2x Springfield Hellcats, Tactical Shotgun, Stoeger 12 gauge and the gun of the year Henry Golden Boy 30-30. Games include a spin wheel, shotgun shell game, cornhole and cut the deck card games.

Get your tickets early to get half off raffle tickets!
Got any raffle items for those not in attendance?

19_A_CPT

Got any raffle items for those not in attendance?
There is a Progressive Draw that you do not have to be present at the Banquet to take part in. If you are chosen in it, then you win the primary item but get put into another pool to win a hunting trip. The Royal and Imperial drawings you may not have to be present to win either, however, how those work is new to me.

19_A_CPT

I can't make the event, but just joined as a member. Also bought a few raffle tickets online.
Hopefully it will be a great event. With it being the first year for this chapter and majority of the committee being new to the game, it will definitely be a learning curve.

The chapter chair and I did make it to the Bowling Green Chapter Banquet over the weekend and I ended up walking away $2000 poorer but with an African Hunt for 4, so you never know what will come of these.... And the wife actually took it well !(she didn't attend). I think i chose a good one.

19_A_CPT

Tonight is the night! If you haven't pre-bought tickets, its not too late! Pay at the door and join us! Doors open at 5. Hope to see yall there!

Latest posts