River smallies question

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
Heres the sichyation :)

Moderatley clear water, fairly warm, bottom is rock with mud here and there. depth 1 to 5 feet.

What can I catch these boogers on? Im more of a lake largemouth person. I decided to venture on he other side of a power house and found a wad of them after trout fishing down the river. The would follow a 1/8 white rooster tail. I gotta know how to catch them but dont have a clue. Saw a couple in 3-4 pound range. most + - a pound.
What could i catch them on?

go_okfishin

If you really want to catch them. 6 lb test #1 or 2 circle hook w/ a creek minnow. no weight. Crawdads are good too.

4" watermelon red zoom lizard on a 1/16th oz. slider head.

Kimberman

Flukes, 4" ringworm either t rigged or split shot, 3-4 inch grubs or 3-4 inch craws on a slider head. I like watermelon or watermelon/red for colors. Also dont forget top water!

bowriter

R.I.P.
I got this tactic from the New Brunswick smallmouth champion. Find some straight, 4" worms in a variety of colors. Put a 1/16 to 1/8 ounce splitshot about a foot to two feet above the worm. It can be deadly.

I think you may also find sliders work well. And of course, whirly-bees in chart. black and white.

But above all else, remember, if you can see them, they have seen you. You have to be sneaky.

Headhunter

A 1/16 oz weedless slider head and an Irish Whiskey colored 4" slider worm. I have personally this outfish live crawfish a couple of times. Most of the time the live crawfish is the best but 2 times a buddy of mine waxed 2 other guys and myself fishing with live crawfish and creek minnows. He could throw the Irish Whiskey colored slider beside the live bait and catch a fish and we would not. They can really key on that color also.

Latest posts