Rifles or cameras

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

Sometimes I am not sure which I like to carry more. I love to hunt but honestly think I could be just as happy in the stand most time with only a camera. I was waiting for the big guy who was making good rubs on a trail to the left of this field. However, this little dude (tiny fork on one side and no antlers on the other) came out of the thicket behind me, walked under my climber and into the field. Got to watch him play for about 15 minutes.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Really had to do a double take on that pic. Looks almost identical to a spot I used to hunt lol. Great pic.

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

poorhunter":23to3h6i said:
Love the grain on that wood!

I got lucky. This is a factory Bergara Timber that I bought from Granbagun.com. Never saw it until the FFL transferred it to me.

A

Ahuntin1

I bought a camcorder a few years back. I’m not very good with it, but it’s still pretty cool. I pass a bunch of deer and it’s fun to film them. I need to get some decent editing software and make a video at the end of each season. But I doubt I ever leave my rifle at home.

Snowwolfe

Snowwolfe

I was in the same situation as the OP in 1992. Loved hunting and taking photos and was pretty good at both when we lived in Alaska. Turned the photo taking into a 25 year career as a wildlife photographer. It was a blast. My new profession took me to some great places and gave me some great memories. Three of my most favorite destinations were 6 weeks in Africa, a 10 day trip to Manitoba to photograph polar bears, and 4 trips to McNeil River Sanctuary to photograph brown bears. One trip the wife was with me and we counted 69 bears around us at one time.