Rifle recommendations

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Got a friend of mine wanting to buy a deer rifle. He wants to get a rifle/scope combo that is priced in the $600 range. I know that he's not going to get a great gun, but what do y'all suggest? Caliber doesn't really matter.

jard

go to classifieds. you can get a whole lot for $600. Any of these new guns, Ruger american, MArlin x7, T/C Venture, Remington 700 are shooters. I bought a used savage 110 last year for a spare gun for $275 scoped and all that will shoot cloverleafs at 100 yards. Just depends on if he wants new or not and what he plans to do with it.

ronnycl

Remington model 700 bdl or cdl - 600 range on gunbroker
Float the barrel and adjust the trigger- free with about 30 minutes labor and find what it likes to eat and it will cloverleaf at 100 yds all day long

TNRifleman

I have a 3 month old Tikka T3 .243 with a Vortex Diamondback HP mounted on it in Warne Rings that I could sell for $700. It also has a limbsaver installed on it.

It is sighted in and ready to go. Has about 20 shots down the tube, one of which my buddy's son took a nice buck with during the juvy hunt. I am in Memphis but could drive as far as Gander Mtn. in Jackson to meet.

Latest posts