Rifle gun range in western Tennesee

jman 125

Couple of options. Join MSSA in Lakeland which is 25 minutes or so from Colliervlle or make the drive to McIvor Shooting Facility in Sardis, MS. Not a lot of option sin west TN
We have been shooting at McIvor for several months now while working down here and i can tell you its a nice place.
Miss Nancy at the front desk is super and Joel the range master is top notch. I Highly recommend this

DaveB

Been a MSSA member since Shelby Farms closed up. There are all kinds of different ranges and if you like to shoot shotgun and practice your cowboy skills and then refresh your hand at the 200 or 600 yard range, this is the place.

If you go once a year it could be considered pricey. However, shooting a few rounds in Collierville will have the gendarmes on your doorstep PDQ.

Bunch of TNDeer guys belong. BTW, MSSA is affiliated with NRA and the CMP. Also is where a lot of the highschool shotgun shooting clubs do their thing. Here is a copy from the Website

The grounds include 185 acres of planned land which offers 8 Skeet Fields, 10 Trap Fields, 2 Five Stands, a 7, 15, 25, 50 and 100 yard Covered Pistol and Rifle Range, an Action/Practical Pistol Range, a Cowboy Action Shooting range, a 60 yard Archery Range, a 15 Station Sporting Clay Course, a 200 – 300 yard long Range and a 200, 300, 500 and 600 yard Long Rifle Range.

BlackBelt

I got tired of being swept by others at ranges. I got tired of being told to not double tap.
I got tired of the limited training that can be done on the "square range".
So I've been changing all that.
I have been building my own range way out in the country.
Practical and tactical. I always dreamed of a working range where skills could be honed and tuned.
It is taking awhile to get it done.

All that to say to figure out what you want and make it happen. Nobody is going to do it for you. It is all up to you.
Today is a good day to get started.

DaveTN

My family has land in another state, so I do most of my shooting there. I'd like to do it here, but I don't own land that isn't in a city. We are a litigious society, so most land owners I've talked to fear liability for allowing someone to shoot on their land.

Latest posts