Residential Colorado Elk Tag

tree_ghost

Question...does anyone know if a residential elk tag can be transfered to an out of state hunter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

AT Hiker

tree_ghost":1av43kr8 said:
Question...does anyone know if a residential elk tag can be transfered to an out of state hunter?

Are you wanting to get someones tag? Or are you talking about purchasing a landowner tag?

No tag transfers but you can purchase a landowner tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tree_ghost

My in laws own a house in Colorado. They don't hunt and I'm trying to figure out a way to get atag without spending an arm and a leg to do so ....

AT Hiker

tree_ghost":17kec8a7 said:
My in laws own a house in Colorado. They don't hunt and I'm trying to figure out a way to get atag without spending an arm and a leg to do so ....

I dont think you can get around not spending the NR fees. Ive never purchased a landowner voucher but Ive never seen one cheaper than $1k either. Just from reading what you have typed I doubt your in-laws have a landowner tag either. One of the cheapest elk tags I know of are WY's reduced price cow/calf tags. They are draw only and are less than $300. I always try to pick a left over up but I am not fast enough, they usually are sold out in under 1 minute.

Poser is spot on with his assessment. Its an adventure and the money spent is the cost to play, no way around it.

tree_ghost

Wow there's a lot of great information here. I especially like the fact that you guys mentioned the fact that a first time hunter is more likely to pay for the adventure as opposed to a tag equaling an animal. It's easy to watch western extreme and think," dang there's elk running around all over the place out here ". I have a few good resources in the form of my father in laws good friend. He is a prominent outfitter in CO, UT, &MO I just don't want to bother him even though my dad insists... what a goofball. I feel like the nerdy kid in high school who was trying to ask the starting quarterback teach me how to throw a football lol

tree_ghost

Lol Poser, elk hunting hasn't left you jaded has it? Even though I've never been hunting somewhere like that I feel like I can at least comprehend the thought process behind it. It's like winning the World Series and then turning around and trying to get excited about a scrimmage game...

AT Hiker

tree_ghost":1j2zbar4 said:
Lol Poser, elk hunting hasn't left you jaded has it? Even though I've never been hunting somewhere like that I feel like I can at least comprehend the thought process behind it. It's like winning the World Series and then turning around and trying to get excited about a scrimmage game...

No its like playing at Fenway Park then coming back and hitting in batting cage[emoji12]

tree_ghost

Lol right on. My good friend keeps telling me the same thing about duck hunting...says it may detour my deer season but I call BS

Latest posts