Replacing Rem 700 trigger

PickettSFHunter

How easy is it to do? Ive adjusted plenty of them but never taken one out and replaced it. Is it something I can do at home with common tools or something I need a gunsmith for? I broke the trigger off :D Or maybe just the trigger is replaceable, just the external paddle part you actually place your finger on and squeeze? Thanks. Id really like to get my 260 back up and running before season.

rdl65

If you have any mechanical skills you can replace it yourself. Be sure to do the safety checks after your done and pay attention to how the pins come out.

mr.big

just use a smaller pin to knock the pins out and keep pressure down on the sear or the spring will fly out,,

if you have a gallon freezer bag,,stick the action in the bag and take it apart the first time,,in case the spring comes out it will be in the bag..

if I was up there I would gladly show you how,,

PickettSFHunter

Kimberman said:
How in the world did you break your trigger off?

Had the stock off. With the barrel and action leaning up against a wall with a concrete floor. I bumped up against it, it fell over and the trigger bent in half. Kind of strange, I would not have thought that little hit would have done it.

TiminTN

I ground the point off flat on some finishing nails to use as punch/slave pins. Make sure the safety is in the forward position when removing the rear or you will bend the safety lever. As you drive the pins out from the bolt stop side, keep the nail in the hole and slide it out kind of in a controlled way, over a white towel or work cloth. Its best to be on a stout table so the impact on the pins isn`t absorbed, I used to use my lap and the bench is much better.