Replacing air filters

Mag

2-Step Enabled
I use the filters that are to be changed every 90 days. There's a reminder sticker on the packaging that I put on my calendar to let me know when it needs replacment

WestTn Huntin man

The heat and A.C. men say the good filters that provide better filtering make your unit work harder,increase your electric bill ,and will decrease the life of your motor.

WestTn Huntin man

I use the Good ones in the spring when pollen and dust are the worst.This time of year when I can open the windows and air the house out I have the cheapo 1 month filters in. I never have been able to figure which is best. Clean air vs higher costs and decreased life of your unit.Cheap filters, dirty air,cheaper bills,and longer life for the motor in your unit.
Had the air tested in my house recently pleasantly pleased that it was pretty good no mold and very little dust.I reckon using both is not hurting anything.

Nimrod777

Supporter
Wow, I'm a big slacker. I check them every other month or so, replace them when they start to show dust/dirt visibly collecting. They may not get quite as bad here because I don't open the house up excessively. My wife's asthma seems to be a little aggravated by Spring pollens, and I tend to be a little more bothered by Fall. Bought a couple of Honeywell air purifiers to help in those seasons.

When I arrived in Spring Hill in 2011, I heard the air return wheezing at the old farmhouse offices of the church one day. Checked it and it looked like a carpet! I changed out 6 filters there that day, not a one you could see light through. So, I guess I'm a slacker, but I ain't low man on the HVAC totem pole, and I've never in my life lost a motor on one of our systems.

Rob R.

Im not goin to lie! :grin: I replace em every 6 months or so.

OH HAIL!!! I'll go check em right now.

Ok! They have been replaced. Will somebody please remind me to look at em in 3 or 4 months. :crazy: