Remington AccuTip? recommendations for 7mm-08?

TNReb

I recently had a 7mm-08 sort of fall in to my lap. For the most of deer season I'll stick with my other rifles, but I would like to get this one ready to go.

I shoot the Hornady Superformance SST in my other rifles... and that's what I generally prefer. Unfortunately it seems about impossible to find the stuff in stock anywhere for the 7mm-08.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Remington AccuTip? I've actually never shot it, but I did find some available today.

Any other recommendations on something I should be able to find in stock?

Gravey

See if you can find the Fusions. My son and I both shoot the 95-grain ones in our .243's and have been very pleased. This is the buck he killed Saturday and where I found him.

IMG_20131026_075425_580_zpse1f147e9.jpg

TNReb

MidwayUSA has them on back order also. Expected delivery isn't until January. They seem pretty much impossible to find. I've been searching every site for a few days and went to several stores today. I found other calibers, but no 7mm-08.

Thanks Gravey... I'll check those out. I saw those at two different stores today - but I didn't know anything about them.

280longshot

Yep I agree the SST's are what I generally shoot but the interlocks are the same. Kinda hard finding something right now for the 7-08.
Just my opinion, I don't shoot Remington bullets.

bowhunterfanatic

I shoot the Hornady SST out of mine also and it does a great job. I've never had trouble finding them, but haven't really looked since the ammo shortage. Guess I better get to looking.

megalomaniac

Hard to beat the 120g nosler ballistic tips for a light recoil load for kids (or a fast load for adults for that matter).

For my loads with the 7-08, I prefer the 140g ballistic tips... perfect performance on deer

AllOutdoors

I have killed deer with Accutips in 260 Rem and the 7-08. No problems. All were pass throughs. And accurate in my rifles.

TheRealSpurhunter

For several years I ran the Remington 120 Hp in my daughters 7-08, they are a stone cold killer in that gun. Every deer dropped within sight. no I switched her over to the Barnes Vortex TSSX, she lost a GIANT buck I watched get plowed broadside last year. I am so so over that still, I am thinking of going back to the HP's if I can find them.

woodsman87

I have always used 120 or 140 grain Remington Core-lockts or 140 grain ballistic silvertips by Winchester.
The deer that I lost was because of poor shot placement. I never blame anything on my weapon or ammo. If the scope is off it is my fault as well. If you hit a deer in the lungs its going to kill it if your using a high-powered centerfire rifle.

348Winchester

It has been my experience that Remington Core-LOkt bullets are excellent. They have performed very well for me in a wide range of calibers for 30+ years. They are the best bullet value on the market.

Latest posts