Remember Sam's Club?

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

Amazon is going to take over the world.
Personal experience here, my wife says “hey we are almost out of toilet paper” I open my app and in two clicks we have TP delivered in two days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardwoodmaterials

Hardwoodmaterials

My wife has all of our monthly household items laundry soap, TP, paper towels, diapers ect. delivered from Amazon. Not to mention all the other stuff we buy thru there that's hard to find locally. With the discounts it's cheaper by a good amount to let them bring it to the door vs. buying it here in town. I have noticed that USPS was delivering it but since the first of the year UPS has been bringing it.

Bambi Buster

Bambi Buster

Wildcat":26obee6f said:
Some people jumped on them for closing those stores because of the raise they gave other employees and I said it was because of Costco and Amazon.

Well looky here, from the Washington Post no less.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... hp&ffid=gz

The day's coming when there will be no "local" stores, then what???

Probably sit around and grouse on the internet about Amazon killing off Walmart, just as the generation before bemoaned Walmart's brutal murder of Mom and Pop.

:lol: ;)

B

brass magnet

Ah, Sam's Club, it's amazing how much cheddar cheese is in a 5 lb. block, and how when you get it home, you get tired of cheese, real quick. :lol:

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
Bambi Buster":3hlvtt93 said:
Wildcat":3hlvtt93 said:
Some people jumped on them for closing those stores because of the raise they gave other employees and I said it was because of Costco and Amazon.

Well looky here, from the Washington Post no less.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... hp&ffid=gz

The day's coming when there will be no "local" stores, then what???

Probably sit around and grouse on the internet about Amazon killing off Walmart, just as the generation before bemoaned Walmart's brutal murder of Mom and Pop.

:lol: ;)

There is a difference. When Wal-Mart came in they build brick and mortar stores LOCALLY, their employees are also locally. Amazon does not do any of that. Unless the city has a distribution center then Amazon has NO local ties at all. Everything is bought outside and comes in from outside, they pay no local taxes, they spend no money locally. No different than jobs going out of the country.

Now Wal-Mart is forced to add MORE of that same online business where it sells and ships from outside the local area. Look at the malls, EVERYTHING inside those malls can be bought online, most times cheaper, bypassing the brick and mortar stores inside the malls.

Buzzard Breath

Buzzard Breath

If the big box stores close, wouldn't it create a market for local butchers, produce stands, specialty shops, and local grocery stores? These big box stores put these places all out of business in the past. Maybe it'll return some of it.

I wouldn't mind seeing them tear down some of these places and create parks and wild spaces. I used to hunt where there's now a mall.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
Buzzard Breath":298mwq8w said:
If the big box stores close, wouldn't it create a market for local butchers, produce stands, specialty shops, and local grocery stores? These big box stores put these places all out of business in the past. Maybe it'll return some of it.

I wouldn't mind seeing them tear down some of these places and create parks and wild spaces. I used to hunt where there's now a mall.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I hope so too but the question is WHY would they?? People already order their meat, groceries ONLINE. Heck Amazon just bought out a large grocery chain. Guess what they are going to do with it?? UPS will grow ever more.

Specialty shops?? The ONLY reason I buy anything from Amazon is to find that specialty stuff I cannot get in Paducah.

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

I am convinced that at some point in the future, the only brick and mortar store left will be a women's jeans store. According to my wife, you have to try on at least 20 pairs to find one that fits right :)

Forvols

Forvols

I know I have used the SAMs oder on line an store pickup. My SIL does the same and with Food City. I haven't tried the Amazon guess I should with free two shipping and lot of times no tax. I still like to go into the store and get my meat, veggies, milk, bread etc. Can/dry goods I don't have an issue with the ordering and pick up now I will have to give Amazon a try.

Forvols

Forvols

I know I have used the SAMs oder on line an store pickup. My SIL does the same and with Food City. I haven't tried the Amazon guess I should with free two shipping and lot of times no tax. I still like to go into the store and get my meat, veggies, milk, bread etc. Can/dry goods I don't have an issue with the ordering and pick up now I will have to give Amazon a try.

280longshot

280longshot

Forvols":1zgtuf35 said:

I purchase a lot of items from Amazon but everything isn't prime eligible with the 2 day free shipping and when comparing outdoor items like scope mounts, arrows, etc to Ebay , you'll quickly realize Amazon does't have the best prices even with free shipping.
I generally search several places before I purchase from Amazon. FYI

Forvols

Forvols

280longshot":17j7f20o said:
Forvols":17j7f20o said:

I purchase a lot of items from Amazon but everything isn't prime eligible with the 2 day free shipping and when comparing outdoor items like scope mounts, arrows, etc to Ebay , you'll quickly realize Amazon does't have the best prices even with free shipping.
I generally search several places before I purchase from Amazon. FYI

I usually check the prime box first to see if what I'm looking for is prime eligible and price, I to generally do price checks figuring in shipping and tax or no tax on several places before I do the final click.