Reloading question

Bone Collector

Two pages and it hasn't come up! You are going to need a bench, it is going to need to be way more solid than you think. Mrs. Bone Collector just needs to know you need a room or a corner to reload in, and you do not need to know every time somebody puts something on faceplace or twatter or whatever.
I have an entire room. However it has a carpet floor, so I actually meant to ask what should I use as my bench? I don't have another place to reload in the house. Garage has a boat in it and tons of other stuff.

Bone Collector

The powder measure looks to be missing the handle that goes on the powder rotors or drums. That could be made from a simple piece of thin steel bought from Home Depot though. At 1st I thought both the plugs that go inside the powder drums were missing but I think that's 1 of them in the die box with it's end all rusted up. Looks like the thread adapter that fits the powder drum threads is still on it too so that's good. There should be a knurled lock nut on it also so that when you get the powder dropper adjusted, it won't turn and change the amount of powder dropped. Here are a couple pictures I took of my RCBS Powder dropper if that might be of any use.
No I have the handle. I just thought it was a handle for something else. Didn't realize it was for that.

Omega

I have an entire room. However it has a carpet floor, so I actually meant to ask what should I use as my bench? I don't have another place to reload in the house. Garage has a boat in it and tons of other stuff.
I have butcher block benches out in the shed, but I brought in most of my reloading stuff into a spare bedroom and bought a portable setup. It actually works real well. I got this one from Lee, but you can use a similar bench grinder stand from Harbor Freight, it just won't have the brackets.

Lee Reloading Stand

006-90688.jpg

DaveB

I have reloading equipment in use from the mid-1980's.

Avoid contact with water. Do not smoke. If you get tired stop.

You wanna know what the "mepat" or other terms mean and what should you do relative to the term, ask.

Your bench is ultra important. Study well before you begin. Most common error is too small in length & width, wrong height, not strong enough.

I use Forster Collets to pull 90% of my mistakes. The hammers are okay for the occasional one or two OR if you seat a bullet too deep the collets won;t work and you are relegated to the hammer.

Is a great great hobby. If you load for more than a a few calibers and like to shoot you will save money.

Derek

As for pistol loads and double charges, I like to use a powder that fills the case at least half full.
If I double charge, it is real obvious. Plus a use a progressive press and don't want to look at each charged case.
I load .38 sp, .357 mag, 44 mag, 45, ACP and .45 Colt. I decided to find one powder that could work reasonably
well in all of them. I use Unique and buy in bulk. Your stuff is quality reloading equipment. RCBS is great.

backyardtndeer

Really pretty simple design for mine. It is a mess right now. Have another bench beside it for household stuff, that has more gun parts than household stuff. I need more shelves, cannot have too many shelves. A rolling cart or toolbox base with drawers is great to help keep stuff organized, have a craftsman 4 drawer under the other bench.

Attachments

• 16147899258016219417068942933797.jpg
    16147899258016219417068942933797.jpg
    865.4 KB · Views: 56

DaveB

For all my 9 loads I use CFE Pistol. The difference between the standard 5 grain charge and even a partial double load is immediately obvious.

My Lee progressive dispenses the exact same charge time after time, hundreds upon hundreds. Yes, I checked every ten, then 20, then every tray of 50 on my 10-10 beam. Never a variance. I still cannot help but look as I place the bullet.

Your bench; I like to keep things halfway organized and I find that plastic ammo boxes work for me. Since I have quite a few calibers I have some all blue, some blue and smoke, some smoke, some red some red and black, you get the picture. Midway's in-house brand are fine as are Berry's. I do not have bags of brass. When I am loading i also use the MTM Case Guard 150.

Latest posts