reloading components.

SEC

Any predictions on when on when things will calm back down. I am sick and tired of seeing the words. OUT OF STOCK NO BACKORDER

.444 Marlin

Keep an eye out on kensbrass.com. hes super dirt cheap but has been lacking lately. I got 60 30-06 and 60 270win shipped for $56. Its all mixed heads stuff though. And 4 of the 30-06 cases I got weren't necked right. Those 4 were closer to .270. Nothing some once firing wont fix though.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I know that it is hard to hear, but just be patient and diligent. I have picked up, and have had the opportunity to get more, many of the reloading supplies thay I need through my local Sportsman's Warehouse and several online sites, such as Powder Valley. It's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time, as well as having buddies looking out for you. Hopefully things will start to calm down soon, but even then, CONSISTENT stock will be hard to find for a while. Thankfully I am not totally out of a bunch of stuff, but I am pretty low on some things.

BTW, I have had supplies on backorder with Powder Valley for over a month now.

DaveB

Maybe some helpful advice:
Go to gunbroker, they have a reloading section. Look for what you want that is priced at what you are willing to pay AND closes on a weekday, preferably 7AM to 5PM time frame. This is painful slow but it costs nothing and you can win. My success rate is about 1 in 7 or 8. Beats looking at NO BACKORDER

DIRTTRAX

Get anything you want on gunbroker and the prices are far better there than any other site. You will still have some items thru the roof. But I love their 15min rule, wish e-bay had it.

BirdDog123

Lohman arms is accepting back orders.. I ordered everything I will ever need for at least 3-4 years from them.. they said 2-8 weeks but hey at least its before deer season ;)

SEC

JimFromTN said:
What are you looking for? The only thing I am having trouble with now is anything having to do with reloading 223.
30 cal fmj for one thing.

mr.big

I ordered some 300 gr 338 Bergers from Powder Valley and they were in stock on Feb 2nd,,just got email yesterday that I should have them Monday.

hankll

You all sound like seasoned reloaders....is it something a fellow would want to try in pistol ammo? Specifically, .40 S&W and 9mm Luger.. maybe a deer hunting .270 eventually. I just need to find a good source of equipment and some good advice on reloading. Don't like being at the mercy of the suppliers with every bullet order I have, back ordered till July

KPH

hankll said:
You all sound like seasoned reloaders....is it something a fellow would want to try in pistol ammo? Specifically, .40 S&W and 9mm Luger.. maybe a deer hunting .270 eventually. I just need to find a good source of equipment and some good advice on reloading. Don't like being at the mercy of the suppliers with every bullet order I have, back ordered till July
Right now we are still at the mercy of the supplers. I have been told compontents will go to the ammo mfg's befor the reloaders. Things like primers, powders,ect. are almost imposble to fine. I don't know but it sounds like ammo will come back befor reloading compontents will.

hunter0925

KPH said:
hankll said:
Right now we are still at the mercy of the supplers. I have been told compontents will go to the ammo mfg's befor the reloaders. Things like primers, powders,ect. are almost imposble to fine. I don't know but it sounds like ammo will come back befor reloading compontents will.

Also reloading for just a few calibers may not save you much money or even cost you more if you do not shoot a lot. The more that you reload for the cheaper it becomes. However, it is a fun hobby and then you know exactly what is being shot through your gun and how to duplicate it.

DaveB

HankII-

Handloading is a great hobby. Consider GOLF, a sport I don't care for very much. Imagine if you could take a golf club you made and KNOW you were gonna whack that ball to within a few feet of a cup 350 yards off. What would you spend to get that?-Ruger would mortgage the Family Jewels-and so would most other golfers.

Handloading enables you to build a round that will make little black holes in things way way way off in the distance. It is an amazing feeling of satisfaction.

Right now, non-availability of some components is upsettting the equilibrium of the universe. Today I did, however, see 4 one pound bottles of IMR4350 and 3 RL17, kinda made me smile. Just pick your point in time and make smart acquisitions, you'll do fine.

Latest posts