Released bobcat

recurve60#

Put some feathers around my coyote sets yesterday and the thought crossed my mind I may catch a cat. Well sure enough I had a cat this morning. Bobcat season ended last week, so I had to turn him loose. All I have is a still pic. Wish I could have filmed the release, but it's difficult enough just getting in there to release the foothold, much less filming at the same time.

recurve60#

Attachments

• 20200308_121518.jpg
    20200308_121518.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 2,832

Trapper

Use a big plastic tote next time , just cut a slot in it for the leg to stick out it's a lot easier.

ROVERBOY

I don't usually bother the bobcats. I have no problem with guys that hunt them or trap them, its just that I don't personally. I like seeing them and watching them.

FTG-05

What trap did you use and did it do any damge or injure the leg?

How do you keep regular house cats from getting trapped?

Thanks,

recurve60#

ROVERBOY":1aqzbkoe said:
I don't usually bother the bobcats. I have no problem with guys that hunt them or trap them, its just that I don't personally. I like seeing them and watching them.
I didn't intend to, but new it would eventually happen. I'm after coyotes.

recurve60#

FTG-05":39p9vxzx said:
What trap did you use and did it do any damge or injure the leg?

How do you keep regular house cats from getting trapped?

Thanks,
I'm using MB550 rubber jawed traps. His leg was fine and ran off like nothing was wrong. Every coyote I've caught has been fine except sometimes a little blood where they pull at it hard, but nary a broken bone yet. I'm in a very remote area. I don't see any chance of a domestic animal getting caught. Maybe, maybe chance of a lost coon dog, but I check them every morning without fail, and I'm positive it wouldn't be injured. Possibly broken skin it it caught hard.

FTG-05

Thanks! I have three dogs and 7 cats. They roam my ~40 acres all the time. Plus there's my neigbors dogs and cats, who sometimes come to visit. Last thing I'd want to do is injure any of them.

Thanks,

Speedwell-Hunter

Not wanting to start a argument but you better be very quick with a catch pole if your releasing them with it , if your not you will have a lot of dead cats in about 45 seconds.
I am not releasing them. that is the trick. I keep em. I see though, you are releasing. Did not realize that. Sorry!

Latest posts