Reinvented Browning Hi-Power??

DaveTN

Saw this on another gun forum. Seems to be a lot of interest. Might make Browning, FN or whatever they are calling themselves rethink dropping the Hi-Power. :)

I don't care for a matte finish on anything, especially a Hi-Power, but other than that it looks interesting. MSRP of $700. But it looks like they are already being listed for over a grand.

Years ago I had a beautiful Belgium Browning Hi-Power made in the 60's. That's one I wish I had back.

Remington700

My dad showed me this gun last weekend. They are a Browning remake and list for like $600-$700 and are on gun broker for $1200. Should be nice guns.

Pioneer1789

All forged just like Springfield's 1911s. I'm buying one as soon as I can find one that isn't gouged by nearly double MSRP. I've always had a thing for metal frame guns. Polymer is fine for a tool, but tight tolerance machined metal is where it's at for me.

Bell3wv

Saw this on another gun forum. Seems to be a lot of interest. Might make Browning, FN or whatever they are calling themselves rethink dropping the Hi-Power. :)

I don't care for a matte finish on anything, especially a Hi-Power, but other than that it looks interesting. MSRP of $700. But it looks like they are already being listed for over a grand.

Years ago I had a beautiful Belgium Browning Hi-Power made in the 60's. That's one I wish I had back.

For $700 bucks I'd take one or two.

Cotis

You are referring to the Springfield Armory one, the SA-35. For me it's a non-starter, no left handed safety. FN America has started making a "re-invented" Hi-Power again, made in Columbia SC. 17+1 (vs. 15+1 for SA-35), ambi controls, magazine disconnect delete. Probably more expensive than the Springfield but it's the one I would purchase if I was in the market

DaveTN

Looks like FN took the wind out of SA's sail. Of course anything either can produce will fly off the shelves right now.

But neither of them does the high gloss polished blue. Until that happens they don't a Hi-Power. ;)

Grab a gun has the SA in stock for $1200, they don't have the FN in stock but they list the price as $1158. They both have a crappy looking flat black finish.

ChinaLakePW

I've had an FN since about '94. I've though many times about removing the mag safety, but the Springfield version comes set up pretty much exactly how I want my FN. It will likely be easier just to buy the Springfield. I haven't looked for a while, so I don't know what the availability is these days.

BullDawg Bill

The SA-35 is a nice gun, I picked one up in Cookeville at Outdoor Junction for under $700 a month or two ago. Agree with previous posters that the finish is plain, but the shorter hammer and slightly extended beavertail do make a difference. It only comes with a single magazine, which is ridiculous for a gun that is likely to be used in competition, and you can only find additional mags online. I looked at EAA's take on the Hi Power, and while I haven't actually held the new FN version yet from what I've read it doesn't look like it's worth double the money to me....

BuckWild

I had a really good friend offer me his 60's made Belgium Hi Power that he carried in Viet Nam as a chopper pilot.
This was about 25 years ago and the price was $300.

I declined, saying I wasn't a big fan of the 9mm.

Still kicking myself...