Registering question.

chrmayo

I have a canoe that I bought last year for like 100$ he wrote me a bill of sale but I have no idea where's it is. In order to run a trolling motor I need to register it. What's the best way to go about it. Just get a buddy to write me a bill of sale like I got from him?

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
The practical thing to do is call your County Clerks office and ask how they would like to handle it. If you had no intention of putting a trolling motor on it when you bought it, but have changed your mind, that is fine. Depending on how long you've had it, they may just take an affidavit from you on it and let you pay whatever tax they say is due and you go on. I'm sure the issue has come up before somewhere in the state.

chrmayo

10-4. I will call them in the morning. I bought it and a friend wanted it last year so I sold it to him to use on a pond. And he didn't like it so I bought it back from him last month. Has never been registered from anyone.

mike243

I bought a inflatable pontoon recently at a estate sale, wife registered it and she had to sign a paper for what we paid for it, running a electric trolling motor also.

Laserman1

The practical thing to do is call your County Clerks office and ask how they would like to handle it. If you had no intention of putting a trolling motor on it when you bought it, but have changed your mind, that is fine. Depending on how long you've had it, they may just take an affidavit from you on it and let you pay whatever tax they say is due and you go on. I'm sure the issue has come up before somewhere in the state.
This. I did this with my kayak. Estimated what I paid for it and registered it because I put a minnkota on it

Latest posts