Reflex sight on a pistol

T

TraumaSlave

Have one? What are you using? Im obsessing over which to top a Smith Core with.
Looked at a Sig Romeo1 today. Looked good, super lite weight, wide window of view. Worried about durability. Trijicon RMR is nice. Very rugged and costs much more. Burris Fast fire 3 is low end of price. Haven't layed hands on yet.

double browtine

double browtine

If you want to try one, I bought a knockoff one on eBay. I put it on my Taurus 357. I have shot 50 rounds thru it, and it's still holding zero. I think it was less than$25.

ttf909

ttf909

Supporter
Look at the see- all open sight .
Have a fast fire and not crazy about it.
Buddy has sig romeo it's nice.

infoman jr.

infoman jr.

I have a Vortex Razor on my 22/45. It’s a great dot, but it’s a pain to turn on and off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ladys man

Ladys man

My brother just bought the FNX 45 tactical and we were shooting it the other day and I wasn’t impressed although that was first one I’ve shot on a pistol so that could play a role in it, but I do know it was very accurate out of the box just the iron sights reflex needed some adjustments.

I can’t remember what it came with

T

TraumaSlave

Kimber45":38wb10jf said:
My FNX 45 with Trijicon dual illuminated RMR
My thought on the dual was concern for the shelf life of tritium. Pay that much for a sight that I know is going to die. Why did u go this route instead of the LED? And which size retic?

J

John.M

I have a Vortex on my Glock 34. I'm still on the fence if I like it. My main issue is picking the dot back up after firing a shot. If my grip is perfect, and I'm shooting light loads (and don't ever lose the dot in my sight picture) it is great to shoot. I find that I spend more time trying to reacquire the dot than I would my iron sights.

Mine is a 6MOA dot, IIRC. bought it with intentions of shooting USPSA matches with it, but haven't tried that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kimber45

Kimber45

TraumaSlave":2cbmog1d said:
Kimber45":2cbmog1d said:
My thought on the dual was concern for the shelf life of tritium. Pay that much for a sight that I know is going to die. Why did u go this route instead of the LED? And which size retic?

It’s definitely more expensive long term as I’m told it’s 150 to replace the internals. With that said, I HATE batteries in weapon sites. https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products ... p?pid=RM04

Kimber45

Kimber45

Kimber45":2fugqwl0 said:
TraumaSlave":2fugqwl0 said:
Kimber45":2fugqwl0 said:

It’s definitely more expensive long term as I’m told it’s 150 to replace the internals. With that said, I HATE batteries in weapon sites. https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products ... p?pid=RM04

And, it’s not an issue to me now either way since my son bought this one from me lol. Great thing, I still get to shoot it anytime I want to :)

B

backstraps

Supporter
I have the Burris FF iii
I have used it with zero problems what so ever! I have ran one on a 3.5" mag shotgun too, still no problems

Kimber45

Kimber45

TraumaSlave":2bldfm4e said:
Kimber, did you find the Amber hard to pick up?

Not at all, but haven’t shot at an indoor range either. Outside, it’s remarkable how much brighter it is with the light gathering aspect working.

Kimber45

Kimber45

Kimber45":3gaqa7g0 said:
TraumaSlave":3gaqa7g0 said:
Kimber, did you find the Amber hard to pick up?

Not at all, but haven’t shot at an indoor range either. Outside, it’s remarkable how much brighter it is with the light gathering aspect working.

The only downfalls I can see:

1) Tritium will weaken with age (fiber optic aspect not so much)
2) If it were going to be used as a Home Protection Gun, I’d want to work on co-witnessing with the iron sights as pointing that amber into a brightly lit area could render it somewhat useless. Of course, similar could be said about any RMR type sight and co-witnessing