Reelfoot

DeerWhisperer

• Hunted eastern Arkansas Friday/Saturday on our lease. Never fired a shot in 2 days. Few ducks and what were there flying very high and no interest in a call. Calling only made it worse. Our lease has killed less than 25 ducks this year.

WilcoKen

• Hunted eastern Arkansas Friday/Saturday on our lease. Never fired a shot in 2 days. Few ducks and what were there flying very high and no interest in a call. Calling only made it worse. Our lease has killed less than 25 ducks this year.
Our pit is in Kennett MO. We are at 23 for the year. And 7 of that number is snow geese. It was my first year hunting a pit and it has been a huge disappointment to say the least. Learned a lot of lessons though.

JDUB

Most expensive wild game per pound in the world! None of my business what was paid for that lease that shot 25 all season but I bet the cost per duck is pretty high.

DeerWhisperer

Most expensive wild game per pound in the world! None of my business what was paid for that lease that shot 25 all season but I bet the cost per duck is pretty high.
The lease is in Twist/Earle Arkansas just into Arkansas. We have had it for 7-8 years. I believe we paid $6500 this year. Typically been a good spot but this year has been terrible.

I would say the farm is well over 1,000 acres and the past two years they have started to complete disc all the fields in the fall because it has been so dry. In my opinion this has really hurt the hunting. I understand why they do it from a farming perspective but not conducive to holding ducks on a location. We had standing beans on one side and rice on the other so we had food, just no ducks.

West_Tn

they used a guide. not sure which one. I also inquired with a guide about hunting one of the two Sundays in Feb for ducks, since I am a Veteran. The guide suggested do not even bother coming.
I don't know why he would say that. A lot can change between now and then. Especially with the rest periods in-between.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I recall members on here last year saying the youth hunt was incredible. But conditions were icing up surrounding backwaters, leaving only the holes at Reelfoot itself open.

TheLBLman

Most expensive wild game per pound in the world! . . . . . I bet the cost per duck is pretty high.
I know some quail hunters who are as "in to" quail hunting as the most avid of waterfowl hunters are "in to" duck hunting, and I'd say bobwhite quail might be more expensive, and so costly, it's by the ounce instead of the pound!

Latest posts