Red Fox Taxidermy

SteveJ

I was do a little squirrel hunting this morning and spotted a beautiful red fox sleeping a little over 100 yards away in the woods. I had been wanting to get on mounted. So I slipped through the woods to try to get a little closer. Before I shot the thought hit me "I wonder how much it costs to get one mounted". So I texted the taxidermist I used several years ago on my bobcat. The bobcat was $400 back then so I had in my mind maybe $500 for a fox. He texted me back $650. Wow! I didn't see that. I'm sure it's a lot of work but I had no idea it would be that much. I just let the fox go and went back to squirrel hunting. It's a lot cheaper.

cbhunter

My cousin once had just the head of a fox mounted on a pedestal. Small enough you could set it on an end table. Absolutely beautiful mount. I assume a) it was cheaper
Or b) the bullet destroyed the body. Either way it was definitely cheaper but I never asked him why he did it that way.

SteveJ

Does anyone know what the going price is for a full body fox mount? I was thinking $650 sounded high but that may be about right. The deer I had done last year was $400. I figured a fox would be a little more but not that much.

LLB

I killed a red fox and bobcat about 2 weeks ago. I'm not getting them mounted but I am getting the pelts soft tanned. My taxidermist said it would be $160 apiece for that. He's also going to bleach the skulls for $50 apiece. Maybe that could have been an alternative.

Latest posts