Recruiting News: I’m kinda proud of this one

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I don't know the whole story, and I'm not hating on him, but I'm glad for everyone that this kid is not going to be on UGA's football team. Hopefully for him this is a bit of a wake up call and he straightens up and does well (except against UGA, of course). Sometimes this is just best for everyone involved.

Obviously a great talent that I wish we could have utilized on the field (and would have probably catapulted UGA to the #1 signing class, for whatever that's worth), but sometimes the off-field or locker room headache/drama isn't worth the on-field talent.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georg ... -bulldogs/

scn

Like a lot of things, the truth probably lays somewhere in the middle. Supposedly he wouldn't give up his phone because he had a close family member in their last hours. If that was the case, I'm not sure I would have given up my only contact to the outside, either. Sometimes family overrides team rules.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I wouldn't disagree if that were the case, but I suspect that the university would be willing to listen if that were the case. I don't claim to know the whole story, and all that we know is rumors. It just sounds like the university did its homework and didn't let talent trump what it felt was a possible character issue

PillsburyDoughboy

EastTNHunter":94wm07rd said:
I wouldn't disagree if that were the case, but I suspect that the university would be willing to listen if that were the case. I don't claim to know the whole story, and all that we know is rumors. It just sounds like the university did its homework and didn't let talent trump what it felt was a possible character issue

Certainly seems to be the issue . Better to cut and run now than to find out later u have a Pac-Man JR on ur hands .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THEdonkey0515

I agree the story probaby sets somewhere in the middle rare does 100% of truth from either side come out during something like this.

Gonna end up going 2 ways.

His gonna go to a different school probaby a SEC school UGA will play against, and gonna screw up again doing something knuckleheaded, and UGA is gonna look like the smart one.

Or

Gonna ball out, and be a stud playing for another SEC school. never getting into any kind of trouble really while in college. everyone will be talking about how his a good student/teammate, and end up being a real good rebound for another program.

gator-n-buck

Looks like the dawgs got mother on board but Evans doesn't live with his mother. He actually lives with his grandmother but his mother supposedly forced him to sign with the dawgs. The grandmother found out and pulled the plug on him going to Georgia.

I wonder why hi$ mother took $o much intere$t in making him $ign with the dawg$? The Dawg$ aren't putting up much of a fight by relea$ing him (Fields 101). A&M is the better gig becau$e they will find the family a better job working in an oil refinery.... :rotf:

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
THEdonkey0515":10li43j0 said:
I agree the story probaby sets somewhere in the middle rare does 100% of truth from either side come out during something like this.

Gonna end up going 2 ways.

His gonna go to a different school probaby a SEC school UGA will play against, and gonna screw up again doing something knuckleheaded, and UGA is gonna look like the smart one.

Or

Gonna ball out, and be a stud playing for another SEC school. never getting into any kind of trouble really while in college. everyone will be talking about how his a good student/teammate, and end up being a real good rebound for another program.
Either are possibilities, but these are not mutually exclusive. As I had previously mentioned, something like this could work out for both parties. It could be that the adversity motivates him to focus and stay on the straight and narrow, and routes him away from failure. A reality check, per se.

Truth is, we will never know.

tree_ghost

The kid has been surrounded by drama at every turn. He is an incredible talent but if I were a betting man I'd lay my money on the fact that he is going to keep himself off the football field. Kirby will pull a rabbit out of his hat in the next couple of weeks, either at rb or at the qb position, depending on what Jake decides....GO DAWGS!!!

TreyB

tree_ghost":2ukvz0c9 said:
The kid has been surrounded by drama at every turn. He is an incredible talent but if I were a betting man I'd lay my money on the fact that he is going to keep himself off the football field. Kirby will pull mORE MONEY out of his hat in the next couple of weeks, either at rb or at the qb position, depending on what Jake decides....GO DAWGS!!!

FIFY :rotf:

Latest posts