Record number of field rushes?

PalsPal

I personally don't understand field rushing What do you do once you're down on the field?

Have you ever been to game where Bama wasn't the favorite?

It doesn't appeal to me either, but if you're in attendance of a game against a hated rival, and finally win a game in dramatic fashion; then if you want to soak in the full experience with other beaten-down fans, go for it.

I saw one of the TN lineman talking about his grandmother, who was in attendance. He said that if she wanted to get on the field, he would make it happen. Not positive, but I think he did.

I go the opposite way of crowds. I leave games and races a little early to AVOID the bulk of people that are there but that's just me.

Even if it's close? My dad is the same way, just to beat the traffic. He's missed some miracle comebacks over the years. There are countless wins that he didn't get to enjoy because of that mentality.

Spurhunter

Even if it's close? My dad is the same way, just to beat the traffic. He's missed some miracle comebacks over the years. There are countless wins that he didn't get to enjoy because of that mentality.
Yeah I'm not leaving until the game is over if there's a chance. If I'm that worried about traffic I'll stay home.

Crow Terminator

"Worried" about traffic is not the way I'd describe it. More like, I simply hate it. It's like getting wet from the rain. I'm not scared of the rain or afraid to get wet. I just don't like getting sopping wet if I don't have to. I don't go to tourist trap places for vacation either. And you'll never convince me that running onto a field for whatever reason, just to stand there, is worth it. No matter how big of a slump the team has been in and finally breaks out of it. It just seems retarded to me. Not my thing. It's not like I played in the game and did anything for them to win. I've competed in archery tournaments since I was 4 and have won on just about every stage and level of archery that there is. And even with me winning national level shoots, against the top shooters in the world, I didn't get that excited.

Last edited:

PalsPal

Then why did you do it, and why do you go to the games?

Do you clap at the games? Do you yell? Or are those "not your thing" either?

Actually, I don't do much of those, which is why I would rather watch from home. But, I certainly don't spew my opinion on how others enjoy the game.

Bamamonts

I was at the game in 2005 when Bama won 6-3 on a last second field goal. Tennessee didn't have a 15 game winning streak but they owned Alabama. We didn't storm the field then but if everybody started running onto the field I guess I would have been in the middle of it.
I was young and dumb then.
I do think it's dangerous to storm the field and generally not a fan of it but from the stands it looked like they were having fun on field.

Latest posts