Recommendations/WTB - Boat for electric only lake

Stick-n-String

Looking for boat and setup options to fish 100 acre electric only lake. Will need to fish 3 comfortably for me and my 2 boys and I don't need trailer as the boat will be kept on the lake. I'm thinking 1648 is the smallest that would work. Let me know what I should be looking for or any recommendations.

Crow Terminator

I bought a 1448 jon with the idea of me and my wife fishing some smaller lakes that we had been kayak fishing in. A 14 footer is plenty for 1 person but very tipsy with 2 people in it, despite it being somewhat wide; you have to remain seated the whole time or any sudden movement can almost throw the other person out. For 3 people to have room and fish comfortable...I would almost up that to 17 MINIMUM to be honest. I've fished out of 1860 models and up to 4 people in those. 4 is crowded, but doable if everybody is standing up and not casting (drift fishing) but 3 is very comfortable.

brassmagnet

I have a 16'6" Smokercraft with a 60 Evinrude that needs a wiring harness, has a 12/24 foot control trolling motor. Not sure of the width, but it is very stable. Front and rear fishing seats and a bench seat. $1500.00 will make it go away.

Last edited:

Snowwolfe

18 foot Jon boat with at least a 48 inch wide bottom. Three people, gear, cooler, and a battery or two and it will fill up fast. With that much weight I would also go with a 48 volt trolling motor set up.

Latest posts