Recommend me a new MZ

GMB54

I know the Wolverine 209 is compatible with BH209.

Not really. BH209 is made for sealed breech MLs. Not plunger guns. You run the risk of the FPJ being blown off the plug. Ive seen it happen first hand.

Another rifle they have on sale is the Vision. Its safe to use with BH209 but i would get the bare primer plug. FPJs leak too much. Not SS but it is nitride treated 4140.

1jamey

Guess you never heard of shooting them sabotless then. You would use the same 45cal bullets 50cal owners use in sabots. All you need is a sizing die unless you get lucky and the bullet fits as sized. 110gr of BH209 with a 275gr bullet sabotless clocks right around 2100fps. Pretty easy to get bulk packs of 45cal conicals too but yes you would need to order them. Both Bullshop and NoExcuses carry several weights and sized to order. You would be amazed how well even a light 350gr 45cal conical at 1300-1400fps MV puts down a deer. Only takes about 75gr of powder to get there too so recoil is not bad.

Im pretty happy with the one i built from a Knight 45 1-20 barrel kit and parts i already had.
wOqVLxM.jpg
Not to hijack this thread but what do you mean by a sizing die?

Jcalder

Not to hijack this thread but what do you mean by a sizing die?

GMB54

UML

Love mine. Ignition system is awesome. Extremely accurate.
You may want to consider the ASG LRMP module conversion. Its far superior to the cases Rem uses in the UML and it will be BH209 compatible after converting it. This system has been tested with rather huge loads of BH209 and its excellent.

Latest posts