Recommend me a boat

Bucket

I've been thinking lately about selling my Gheenoe and getting a bigger fishing/hunting boat that my family and friends could fit in. I'm thinking about an all-welded aluminum boat with a side console that could carry 5 if needed. Four stroke is a must also. Any recommendations or anything to stay away from? I was looking at a used 2011 Tracker Grizzly 1754SC but it sold pretty quickly. Thanks.

BlackEagle1

You have a ton of options but just my opinion ....... I have a 1754 Lowe and there's no way I could put 5 people in it and do much more than float. 5 grown men takes a pretty good jon boat and motor to cover any ground. I would be looking at a 2072. Good luck!!

MickThompson

BlackEagle1":3j442f3i said:
You have a ton of options but just my opinion ....... I have a 1754 Lowe and there's no way I could put 5 people in it and do much more than float. 5 grown men takes a pretty good jon boat and motor to cover any ground. I would be looking at a 2072. Good luck!!

This. 1860 minimum. A 1754 is a 3.5 person boat. You'll need the extra boat so you can float the extra HP needed to plane out with 5.

I put 4 in a 1546 once upon a time. We lived to tell the tale, but just barely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smo

Look at the big river boats for sure for that many people.

I owned a 1860 Sea Ark once. It was a well made all welded boat,
made from .125 gauge metal.

5 men would have filled it up, not including any gear.

Look at the 20 + footers, most places offer several floor plans or some let you create your own.
Mine was set up with a center console which I found took up a lot of room.

I talked to a Guy at the boat ramp last week , he was running an aluminum Tracker with a
4 stroke 175 Yamaha.

I ask how he liked the motor? He said he had owned all makes and models and the Yamaha got better fuel efficientcy and out preformed all the others.

JAY B

I have had 11 adults in my Sea Ark along with a bowfishing platform / generator and a couple of loaded coolers , only lost 4mph off top end vs a 4 person load!

duckriver

Loving my Alweld. If I was going for more options and fancy it would be war eagle. My buddy has a sea ark that's 20 years old and has held up great

X-Tennessean

I had a 20/70 Xpress with SC and open floor plan equipped with a 115 Yamaha. 38-42 mph with four adults and an "adult" sized teenager! lol
Have cat fished 6 out of it easily, two adults on the bow, two adults on the stern with two sitting in lawn chairs in the floor. You just have to work together handing each other things and getting fish to the livewell. My boat was rated for 8 people or 1180 pounds.

As far as motors I would highly recommend the Yamaha, excellent fuel economy and pretty much trouble free. I have had a 25, 90, 115 and now a 200 h.p.
No issues with any of them.

Bucket

I forgot to follow up on this thread...I ended up finding a 2015 Lowe roughneck 1756 with a 40 hp Mercury and a stick steer setup from an older gentleman. It had gotten to be too much boat for him, and I love it.

Latest posts