Recliner recommendation

TRIGGER

TRIGGER

Well I guess I’ve reached that point in my life lol. I have never had a recliner but I’m in need of some new furniture and am thinking about getting one. I figured you guys are the best source of information on everything else so why not ask. I briefly searched the web and got overwhelmed with options and brands. What works best for you guys? I don’t set a whole lot so it’s not going to be my “home”.

huntinkev

huntinkev

I have a flexsteel and its been a good chair.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

T

TNTreeman

Supporter
Just got me a nice leather one from Havertys. It's electric instead of manual with adjustments for feet and neck and my favorite is a place to charge my iPad so I can read tn deer!

Andy S.

Andy S.

Love my LAZBOY........buy once, cry once and be done with it.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
We have a loveseat with console with recliners in it and also a couch with recliners. I'll never own anything without recliners in them.

huntinkev

huntinkev

rem270":1o64w9w7 said:
We have a loveseat with console with recliners in it and also a couch with recliners. I'll never own anything without recliners in them.

My Wife is wanting new furniture (couch and love seat) and a recliner for her. No way am i giving up my recliner[emoji2] She is wanting a reclining couch, I'm wanting a stationary couch. I guess we're getting a reclining couch. [emoji1]

Kimber45

Kimber45

Following this one..

Wife bought me a cheap one less than a year ago, its a warped pos at this point..

TRIGGER

TRIGGER

Kimber45":26836rqo said:
Following this one..

Wife bought me a cheap one less than a year ago, its a warped pos at this point..

That’s what I want to avoid.

huntinkev

huntinkev

Kimber45":1yielk9f said:
Following this one..

Get a flexsteel. It will cost you around $1500-1800 for a quality leather recliner but they are built to last and the one I have is very comfortable. I got one a couple years ago and now the wife is wanting to replace couch, loveseat and her chair with flex steel.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Wife and I bought a new one before our son was born last year. Went with a Southern Motion electric recliner. Super comfortable, quiet motor, battery backup, and a good warranty. I was always on the "no electric" bus when it came to recliners until we started looking and my opinion changed greatly.

Good time Charlie

Good time Charlie

Just a note "if you buy a sofa with recliners on the end..just get someone else to move it for you"...I had one and it was so heavy I could not believe it.

I worked at LaZ boy for many years and they are pretty much the gold standard.Well, to be honest, they own all these other company's as well as their names.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
For anybody with a bad back they need to get FITTED for a recliner. For me I need one with a "short seat", what I'm talking about is when setting straight up the seat must go from my back to my knees and no more. Once the end of the seat goes past your knees then your lower back is pulled away from the back of the chair WITHOUT any support to the lower back. I spend 2 years shopping around until I found one that fit me and cost much more than a normal recliner did. My cousin up north ordered her one" build to suit" for her lower back and that thing cost quit a bit. Oversize office chairs do the same thing pulling your lower back from the back of the chair.

Ever see people stuffing pillows behind their back the recliners and/or sofa? That's why, the end of the seat has pulled them away from the back.

sallee-bo

sallee-bo

After reading all these comments I guess I just got a lemon but I bought a big, leather Lazy Boy a few years ago. Turned out to be the biggest piece of junk I ever owned. Less than a year later I hauled it off to the dump.