Ready to eat Horse?

Nimrod777

I got no problem with it, as long as it's worth eating.

And as long as I don't think about the horse galloping across the prairie.

waynesworld

It is about time they allow the slaughtering of horses. This will at least bring the value up on old horses so people have a way to get rid of them without just leaving them at a farm.

Kingston

It is actually very good. More similar to venison than beef from what I remember many, many years ago.
Best friends family[his mom was from Greece] had a horse slaughtering plant in the 60's and early 70's for exporting to Europe and South America and they always had some at their house.

rukiddin

waynesworld said:
It is about time they allow the slaughtering of horses. This will at least bring the value up on old horses so people have a way to get rid of them without just leaving them at a farm.

^^^Agreed. Ride through the mtns of east TN. Seems like every hillbilly with an acre and a hayring has 3-5 malnourished horses standing around eating the equivalent to us eating rice cakes.

BMan

I've eaten horse before - no big deal. Shoot, I've eaten far worse than horse in some 3rd world countries.

In Italy, they have Carne Bovine and Carne Equine shops - Cow Meat and Horse Meat.

Latest posts