Read about this American hero

H

hunter0925

You have to love the courage and will to push of a true American! Things like that make me proud to live in the country I am blessed to be in. Most of these men never speak a word of what they have seen or done and definitely don't brag about it. Recognition is well deserved for men like this.

J

John.M

I have watched this video no fewer than 5 times on MSG Benavidez. It is worth the 20 minutes, if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oUtJxE4sjs

A couple of years ago, my company supported the CMOH Foundation event in Nashville. The majority of living MOH recipients were in attendance. I cannot describe the goosebumps that I had when went to an event at the Grand Ole Opry, and turned a corner facing a couple of dozen of those men.

The below recipient sat next to me at the gala dinner. I'll save those of you who don't want to read his story - he called in artillery fire on his own position in order to allow his comrades to retreat safely, and to inflict as much death and destruction on the enemy. This action would almost certainly have sealed his own fate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Thacker

Kimber45

Kimber45

WOW!!

The bravery of both of these soldiers is obviously immeasurable..

I know a few great folks who are Vietnam vets, and they have something in common too.. Neither will talk much at all about it. I cannot begin to imagine what they went thru during, or what they've gone through following either.

TX300mag

TX300mag

Thanks for posting. Benavidez was well known in the area when I lived and worked in that part of Texas, well deserved.