Ravin or Ten Point, I can’t decide

nso123

I am stuck between Ravin and Ten Point. I have been a PSE bow guy for years, but now shoulder problems are making me switch over to the sideways bows. Looking at the R10 or R20 in the Ravin line and Viper S400 or Wicked Ridge NXT400 from Ten Point. Anyone have pros or cons on these models?

I have two r10's. They shoot great and are priced decent also. I'm not sure exactly what they chrono but the speed dials ended up at 420 on both. The ten points are probably real good also

MrJim43

2-Step Enabled
Shooting one of the new 400 Ten Points and like a few others with shoulder problem. Yes you can uncock it. It can be cocked and uncocked once your up in the tree. Love mine and it is pretty quite for a crossbow and fast. Bough a full set up Bow, arrows and carrying case not heap by no means but well worth it for me.
Best of luck to you on what ever you get.🦌

Hookem

Ravin R20 results from 100 yards shooting at dot closest to the bolts. Obviously,
A8C77C61-D37B-416D-95A9-5C13A897B8FD.jpeg
I am in love.

Rakkin6

I have a Tenpoint Stealth NXT and a Tenpoint Vengent S440. The NXT has to be fired to decock but is a great crossbow. It shoots 445 grain arrows chronograph at 385 FPS with 143 lbs/KE. The Vengent shoots a 445 grain arrow at 415 FPS with 166 lbs/KE and can be decocked without firing. The bigger question is how much do you want to spend.

Ravin is a good company but I personally like Tenpoint for their customer service and the amount of time they have been around. I have not had any issues with either bow. And I will say yes you may be able to hit a target at 100 yards with a Ravin or one like my Vengent but there is no way I take that shot. I keep them 50nor closer. The reason I like them has fast has they are but keep my shots limited in range is it helps with string jump/drop or movement. They just don't have has much reaction time. Best of luck but I think the bigger question would be money. Honestly you should probably keep it no higher than $1500.00 you can get all you need for that price. Good luck

Speedwell-Hunter

I am stuck between Ravin and Ten Point. I have been a PSE bow guy for years, but now shoulder problems are making me switch over to the sideways bows. Looking at the R10 or R20 in the Ravin line and Viper S400 or Wicked Ridge NXT400 from Ten Point. Anyone have pros or cons on these models?

for the Ravin, what do people use for arrows? I don't want to spend so much on their branded arrows. thank you

Speedwell-Hunter

I got the Ravin R20 , and love it . Still trying to keep with my Obsession compound as long as I can . Some days shoulder is better sometimes not .
or the Ravin, what do people use for arrows? I don't want to spend so much on their branded arrows. thank you

I just got a pretty good deal on a Ravin R29x super excited. I should get it this afternoon. I bought a swat XP KIller Instinct last year and it failed on a paid hunt in SD. Customer service is literally a joke.

SALTMAN

I ordered three bolts for my Ravin week before last . Lighted nocks . $74 free ship . I won't take a chance on anything else . Why save a few bucks on bolts on a $2000 Xbow . Btw , put one of those thru a Big 8 pt thurs eve . Would post a pic , but never can get it done on here .lol

Rakkin6

Call Jerry at South Shore Archery and get some Spynal Tapps. Tell him what you are shooting and what you are looking for and he will take care of you. He can use the Ravin insert and nocks on his arrows. You will thank me later.

Bone Collector

Welp I guess I should have searched here first. I am torn between a Ravin and a 10 point, but don't know much about the 10 points, other than they have a good reputation.

I do have some questions about the R20 vs. the R10.

The main one being I am 6'2" and the R20 seems to be 1.5" longer. I don't know that I need it though so any of you guys taller with the R10 and wish it was a little longer?

Rakkin6

I have a Tenpoint Stealth NXT and I love it. Would definitely recommend a Tenpoint. I have had absolutely kzero issues with mine. It throws a 445 grain arrow at 385 FPS. MIne is a couple years old so you have to discharge it to decock. I will be buying a the Vengent S440 before the next season starts. Just in case something happens I have a backup. I am a firm believer that 2 is 1 and 1 is none.