rare for my area!

mathews338

got these in jackson co. and that is something rare IMO. i have never seen them around here. we got several canada geese that stay around here and this snow goose was with about 30 canada geese. of course he stuck out like a sore thumb and i set my sights on him!
05.jpg
[/img]

Scud

I believe that is a ross goose instead of a snow, but still not very common in these parts. Nice job.

mathews338

Scud said:
I believe that is a ross goose instead of a snow, but still not very common in these parts. Nice job.
glad you said that cause like i said they are rare around these parts and i actually don't know a single person that has ever killed a snow or whatever it is around here anyways.

point being, there is alot of waterfowl that i don't really know what it is, so feel free to correct me if you guys know for sure what these bird are.

mathews338

Swamphunter said:
mathews338 said:
point being, there is alot of waterfowl that i don't really know what it is, so feel free to correct me if you guys know for sure what these bird are.

Be careful killing waterfowl you haven't identified. :D
I remember a story where a guy killed a "goose" but wasn't sure what kind so he asked the game warden. Turns out it was a juvenile trumpeter swan. A protected species. He was fined 5000 dollars. :eek:
very true but i did have a feeling it was one or the other and knew it was legal

Latest posts