rain gear

blueridge

Whats the best all around rain gear.Camo a must will be used for hunting mostly.Also needs to be quite.Thanks

Kimberman

Cabelas of some sort,I cant remember which model I got, but its GorTex with a silent outer shell. Its not cheap, but its worth the price. IMO if its not GorTex, dont waste your time/money.

FULLDRAWXX75

Kimberman said:
Cabelas of some sort,I cant remember which model I got, but its GorTex with a silent outer shell. Its not cheap, but its worth the price. IMO if its not GorTex, dont waste your time/money.

Ditto,

I bought my stuff from Cabela's, purchased the pieces seperately instead of a set because I like the pants from on set and the pullover hooded over shirt from another. (same camo pattern though)

FDXX75

dsa5455

I use Helly Henson. Pros: It is made of a polyurethane material and it has some elasticity to it and will not mildew. It will keep you dry in the hardest of rains and is not bulky.
Cons: Does not come in camo and does make some noise.
I overcome the noise and camo issues by putting my leafy outfit over it. I have hunted in the rain all day in one of these suits (bibs and coat)and have stayed dry. Was recommended by a x-Navy Seal during a survival lecture about 8 years ago. Suit still going strong. Mine is a hunter green color.

Latest posts