Raccoon calling anyone??

Hduke86

I've tried it a few times but from my experience is you need to be within sight of a den tree or location of where they hide during the day. If I know what den tree they go to then you can usually get them to come out to check it out and pop them but ive never had them come "searching" like calling a coyote in. My experiences have been during early hours or the last hour or two of daylight

Harold Money jr

I have a couple places in mind to call from. I think HDuke is correct in that you need to call in specific places ie. a den tree, an abandoned barn and near a bait station. I watched the McMillan show and reading between the lines I know how those folks operate. They never get too far from a feeder and he was probably calling to areas that had the most coons on bait than anywhere else. I'm planning to call on TVA land behind a neighborhood with huge mature hardwoods. A friend saw numerous coons coming into the woods from eating the cat and dog food from the neighborhood during the deer season.

rtaylor

I use my electronic predator call and a spinning decoy and they will come flying in and tackle the decoy. Most of the time it is within 5 minutes or less. Be ready for coyotes to show up too when you play coon in distress.

Latest posts